Talent Visa vs PR

Old May 28th 2007, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Trout is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Talent Visa vs PR

Hi, I've just been offered a job with an Accredited Employer in Blenheim to start in October. They have invited me to apply for visa under the 'Talent' category. As I intend this to be a permanent move for me and my family should I apply for PR instead of the Talent visa? Apply for both simultneously or move on the Talent visa and apply for PR after two years?
Would I need seperate medicals and police checks for both applications?
Old May 29th 2007, 12:01 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Talent Visa vs PR

Originally Posted by Trout
Hi, I've just been offered a job with an Accredited Employer in Blenheim to start in October. They have invited me to apply for visa under the 'Talent' category. As I intend this to be a permanent move for me and my family should I apply for PR instead of the Talent visa? Apply for both simultneously or move on the Talent visa and apply for PR after two years?
Well, if you have the points, go for PR. Residency is definitely preferable.
Old May 29th 2007, 3:58 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Trout

I agree definitely PR, you've got the time and it makes life easier all round.

We've been in Blenheim since the beginning of April and there's a couple more posters, (Frenchy & Beachcombers) who are local too, so if you need any help with rentals, which are like hen's teeth here, or schools or good/bad areas etc, then ask away.

By the way, what's the job?
Old May 31st 2007, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

Hi Kev & Sarah
Thanks for the advice! I would like to take up your offer of further advice. I can't write to you directly until I have made two more postings. We were in Blenheim 5 weeks ago and had a quick look around Spinglands and the Withers. Better get on with our EOI
Old Jun 17th 2007, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Just completed my EOI - with 150 points.
I should be able to join the discussion on timescales any time now.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 3:51 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Just completed my EOI - with 150 points.
I should be able to join the discussion on timescales any time now.

When's the next draw from the pool due? If you have 150 with a job offer, you SHOULD in theory get selected. Start collating your paperwork now, just in case you do get chosen and enjoy the next week or so, cos once you are selected life goes into overdrive!!
Old Jun 18th 2007, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

My wife has a job offer which she's taking up on 1st Aug with an accredited emloyer via the skills need and we decided to go on visa's and apply for PR at a later stage. We know theres a small risk with this of being refused PR in the future but worst case we have to come back to the UK.

The costs of applying for PR while in the UK are much more than doing it while you in NZ according to wife's research into medical costs etc etc.

We got our work visa's sorted in 24hrs from submitting the papers to the passports arriving via postie at our house.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Hi Kev & Sarah
Thanks for the advice! I would like to take up your offer of further advice. I can't write to you directly until I have made two more postings. We were in Blenheim 5 weeks ago and had a quick look around Spinglands and the Withers. Better get on with our EOI
We live in Springlands
If you want any help/ advice just yell!!!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

Hi Frenchy
How long have you been in Springlands? Do you recommend it as a place to live? Have you got kids?
Things are pretty hectic here we are just putting together th einfo for our ITA submission.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 5:52 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by niseysOH
My wife has a job offer which she's taking up on 1st Aug with an accredited emloyer via the skills need and we decided to go on visa's and apply for PR at a later stage. We know theres a small risk with this of being refused PR in the future but worst case we have to come back to the UK.
Bear in mind that the 5 year wait for New Zealand citizenship only starts when you get permanent residence (new rule since 2005).

Also bear in mind that if you have a child born in NZ before you get permanent residence, the child will not be a New Zealand citizen by birth. (new rule since 2006).