Talent visa timescales

Old May 7th 2009, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Talent visa timescales

I (Jan) have had a (wonderful) job offer with an accredited employer in Christchurch, and am applying for a Talent visa. Job due to start end July but they will hold it (as it took them about 10 months to recruit internationally )

The question is this: our police checks took longer than expected, (thanks ACPO) our medicals are proving a bit complicated leading to delays (but sortable with waiver if necessary, though probably not necessary) and I am getting really fed up cos 6 weeks after the job offer not one single piece of paper has been submitted to the NZIS

When everything is finally pristine (i.e. my GP decides to actually write the letter she was asked to write!!) and we submit our Talent visa application for me and Partner application for Neil, assuming no medical referral, or anything else, do Talent visas come through quite quickly if so, and how quickly? If they do (normally) perhaps this will cheer me up a little!!

BTW we are doing our PR in parallel with this, and have a NZ lawyer to help us through the process too, paid for by the future employers, which is really really kind of them.
Old May 7th 2009, 11:53 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Talent visa timescales

Hi, well all I can find is this which you've probably seen anyway:
Temporary entry processing times
We are currently allocating applications to our visa officers when they are sumitted at the branch and there is currently no application queue for temporary visa applications.

Statistically, 71% of visitor visa applications, 85% of work visa applications and 79% of student visa applications are processed within 15 days. Please note that these are indicative timeframes only and should not be taken to mean that we guarantee your application will be processed within these timeframes.

Applicants should continue to allow at least four weeks for the processing of visa applications. Some applications may take longer to process than others and we will not necessarily know how long we will take to process your application until it is assessed.

Applications may take longer than four weeks to process if :
we require further information;
if documents require verification;
if there are any issues noted on your Medical or X-ray Certificate that need to be followed up; or
if we need to refer your application to an onshore branch for processing.
Please note that this list is not an exhaustive list of reasons why your application may not be processed within four weeks.

While the London Branch may be the receiving office for your application please note that some applications submitted to the London Branch must be transferred to New Zealand for processing. This is likely to mean that the processing time is longer than if the application could be processed in London. We will contact you should this apply to your application.

It remains important that you provide us with as much time to process your application as possible and we stress that you should not make irreversible travel plans before having your visa issued. Any bookings made are made at the risk of the applicant.
Don’t forget to check out our tips for lodging a temporary entry application.
There is no mention of the timings for WTR visas under the London section but I assume it comes under temp visas since that is what you will get
Old May 7th 2009, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Talent visa timescales

Yes I guess so, thankyou very much!!