British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Supporting evidence for New Zealand partnership visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/supporting-evidence-new-zealand-partnership-visa-806037/)

Emzierag Aug 14th 2013 9:49 pm

Supporting evidence for New Zealand partnership visa

Hi guys I'm new to this and never posted before.

Little bit of info firstly my partner has a contract of employment for a job in new zealand he already doesthe same kind of job here in the uk. He will be going out on the work visa

I will go out on the partnership visa

And our two children on student visas.

We have been together for 8years now and my question is do you think I have enough supporting evidence for my partnership visa

We have struggled as the majority of bills etc are in his name we don't have a joint bank account either but this is what we have.

- joint tenancy agreement stating both our names

- car insurance certificate with both names

- daughter and sons birth certificate with both our names

- letters in my name dating back to over a year ago addressed to the same as tenancy agreement

- letters in his name dating back to over a year ago addressed to the same as tenancy agreement

- a letter from a prison officer/family friend stating our relationship

- a letter from my mum stating same as above

- a letter from his mum stating same as above

- several Facebook pictures from through out the years clearly stating in which month of which year they were added to the site (some as far as 2009)

- a few snippets of conversations dated back to 2011 on Facebook messenger.

- a letter from my self explaining our relationship

- a letter from my partner in his own words

My question is do you's think this is enough??? As have struggled to prove as like I say not any joint bills etc. I know I have been in a genuine relationship for 8 years but its proving it to immigration that I'm finding difficult.

Look forward to your replies

Many thanks

MrsFychan Aug 14th 2013 11:24 pm

Re: Supporting evidence for New Zealand partnership visa

personally wouldn't bother with the personal letters.

do you have council tax in both names, party/wedding invites, holiday bookings?
photo's of you all on holiday ?

Emzierag Aug 15th 2013 6:46 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10851297)
personally wouldn't bother with the personal letters.

do you have council tax in both names, party/wedding invites, holiday bookings?
photo's of you all on holiday ?

Hi MrsFychan unfortunately council tax is in my name. I don't tend to keep what I would class as "junk" such as wedding invites etc once attending the wedding I would bin the invite. We have not been on a holiday since 2006 so no holiday pictures either. During that time we have had two children and we planed to go our first holiday with them next summer being 2014 but think these visas are more important.

Persephone Aug 15th 2013 4:11 pm

Hello and welcome:)

My opinion and this is my opinion is that you have enough already.
You don't need to have bills etc in both names necessarily, just stuff that places you as living in the same house. You say you have letters addressed to both of you at the same address and a tenancy agreement in both your names so that should be enough. Also things like bank statements with your address on will help. And send the bills you have that are in separate names as they have your address on. Go as far back as possible.
Your children's birth certificates and photos together prove a genuine and stable relationship. And the above proves you're living together.

Bear in mind you're applying for a work visa and the rules are less 'strict' as opposed to a residency application. However for residency you only need to prove you've lived together for at least 12 months.
But send as much as you can, it can't hurt!
P:)

Emzierag Aug 15th 2013 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10852363)
Hello and welcome:)

My opinion and this is my opinion is that you have enough already.
You don't need to have bills etc in both names necessarily, just stuff that places you as living in the same house. You say you have letters addressed to both of you at the same address and a tenancy agreement in both your names so that should be enough. Also things like bank statements with your address on will help. And send the bills you have that are in separate names as they have your address on. Go as far back as possible.
Your children's birth certificates and photos together prove a genuine and stable relationship. And the above proves you're living together.

Bear in mind you're applying for a work visa and the rules are less 'strict' as opposed to a residency application. However for residency you only need to prove you've lived together for at least 12 months.
But send as much as you can, it can't hurt!
P:)

Hi Persephone the information you have given me gives me great hop that I have enough proof do you happen to know what documents I will be sending needs to be certified copies?

Many thanks

Persephone Aug 16th 2013 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Emzierag (Post 10852460)
Hi Persephone the information you have given me gives me great hop that I have enough proof do you happen to know what documents I will be sending needs to be certified copies?

Many thanks

I would suggest all should be originals or certified copies. They may accept uncertified copies of things like bills, they may not:unsure:
Personally, I got important documents like passport and degree cert certified as I didn't want them sitting in NZ House for however
long it took (I had no job offer so my residency appl could have taken a very long time!). They should return them all to you.
Phone round local solicitors for cost: in 2008 I was quoted between £2 - 5 per copy.

This is what the Operation Manual says:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35125.htm