Submitting ITA!!

Old Jan 17th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Submitting ITA!!

Hi,

Eventually we have all our documents back and are ready to lodge our ITA!!! Any advice from anyone on what to include in the coverng letter etc and how long 'roughly' it takes to hear back from NZ House? As we are going job hunting on the 21st Feb for 3 weeks!!!

Cheers

Jo & Chris
Old Jan 17th 2009, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submitting ITA!!

Hi,

I kept it very short and to the point on the covering letter, I gave the reference numbers, and then listed what I had included in the 'pack' and wrote down all my contact telephone numbers etc.

As you can see from my timeline, our visa's went very quickly, I don't know why, but it just did, but everyone is different and I don't think anyone can predict a time. As long as you have all the paperwork they are asking for i.e proof of relationship (photos, letters, references from friends) and your everything is certified, that would help the process.

Hope all goes well, and good luck.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 9:12 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I did the same as Teebrown, a short covering letter listing the documents included and just informing them of the best contact numbers and so on. I didn't give any reasons why I wanted to emigrate as they ask that at interview anyway [though hopefully you'll have a job offer by then so won't have one!] It may be worth mentioning that you will be in NZ and the dates you'll be there.

My PR was granted about the same time as Teebrown, June 2008 and it took 3 weeks from sending in the ITA to receiving a letter saying I had PR. I had no job offer. NZIS website does say it can take up to 7m without a job offer so that was very fast and unexpected. Basically there is no set time, it just depends on how busy they are when you apply. It should be quicker if you find a job

Good luck with the ITA and the job hunt
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for your replies.
We have just spent our Sunday afternoon assembling our ITA will be posting it tomorrow! Hopefully we will hear something back from INZ before we head out there on our hols.( I realise this may be wishful thinking!!!)
Just cracked open the wine keeping the bubbly on ice (fingers crossed!!)

Jo & Chris x