British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Submitted ITA since September 2012 and got a Job offer under Silver fern job search (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/submitted-ita-since-september-2012-got-job-offer-under-silver-fern-job-search-788578/)

hmlamie Feb 25th 2013 4:44 am

Submitted ITA since September 2012 and got a Job offer under Silver fern job search

Hiiii,

I have a kind of complicated situation and I need advise, I submitted my ITA successfully in 5th September 2012, and from that date I am waiting for case officer to be allocated, In the same time I applied for Silver Fern Job search visa and I obtained it, travelled to Auckland last month as an annual leave from my current employer, I had some interviews there and fortunately, I got a job offer in christchurch for 2 years fixed term contract . Does this job offer help in my residence application? and what about the EOI points, does this increase my points although I submitted my ITA already? I was selected in 2nd of may 2012 in 125 points with no job offer.
Second question: The job offer is from an accredited employer but it is 2 years fixed term. does this affect the residence?

Cheers,
Hatem

MrsFychan Feb 25th 2013 5:04 am

Re: Submitted ITA since September 2012 and got a Job offer under Silver fern job sear

sorry not sure of the answer but are you serious that you are still awaiting someone to be assigned to your ITA application from September 2012????

hmlamie Feb 25th 2013 6:19 am

Re: Submitted ITA since September 2012 and got a Job offer under Silver fern job sear

Yes, unfortunately, I am still waiting. May beacuse in that time I didn't have job offer. Now I have one and I should reporsent it to INZ :)

MrsFychan Feb 25th 2013 7:12 am

no having an ITA accepted has no bearing on having an job offer or not, it means you had enough points to be selected to apply, if you have been invited to apply and have sent in all your documents they have a time limit to give you an answer. are you sure you have the right terminology ?

hmlamie Feb 25th 2013 8:12 am

Yes, I submitted my ITA (Invitation To Apply) . I was just selected from the pool 2nd of May 2012 with 125 points without job offer, and in that time it was the minimum points they took. I am just a bit worried if they can decrease my number for any reason, although I prepared everything and for sure the lodgement officer checked my documents before accepted my application for processing. So if for any reason they do this action, Am I able to re-apply again? my point of worry is the first company in my life it was from 9/2003 to 2/2005 all what I have is the experience letter and Job description as in that time we were taking our monthly salaries in envelopes and they were not transfere the money to bank, so I don't have any payslip or even contract. as I told you what I have is experience letter in their letter head stating my full name, Position i held, Start Date and End Date and mentioning explicity that I was working as full time employee. the second issue that this company has closed and it is no longer open. So do you think that Experience letter and job description is enough?

Persephone Feb 25th 2013 4:23 pm

Which office are you applying through? You can look up the processing times for each office on the NZIS website so this will give you an idea as to how long it will take.
Have you informed the office that you now have a job offer? This would be my first move:)
These are the processing times for an ITA without a job offer for London:

Your application will be placed in a managed queue and allocated to an immigration officer within four to six months. Your immigration officer will be in touch within five working days from the date of allocation and will generally take between one and three months to make a final decision on your application.
From that it could take between 5 and 9 months to get a decision made. Don't panic yet!

As to the work experience, you'll just have to wait and see on that. It may or may not be acceptable but there's obviously little else you can provide as proof. Did you put the money in a bank once you were given it, if so do you still have any bank statements from then? Just trying to come up with anything else you could provide, that would not prove anything other than you were putting cash in the bank regularly but it shows you were working somewhere!
Your case officer will ask for any further proof if they are not happy with the above. The job offer should help though:)

hmlamie Feb 25th 2013 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10568322)
Which office are you applying through? You can look up the processing times for each office on the NZIS website so this will give you an idea as to how long it will take.
Have you informed the office that you now have a job offer? This would be my first move:)
These are the processing times for an ITA without a job offer for London:

From that it could take between 5 and 9 months to get a decision made. Don't panic yet!

As to the work experience, you'll just have to wait and see on that. It may or may not be acceptable but there's obviously little else you can provide as proof. Did you put the money in a bank once you were given it, if so do you still have any bank statements from then? Just trying to come up with anything else you could provide, that would not prove anything other than you were putting cash in the bank regularly but it shows you were working somewhere!
Your case officer will ask for any further proof if they are not happy with the above. The job offer should help though:)

Thanks a lot for your response. My branch is London branch and last friday I sent them already my offer letter with Job description and they responded today that they will give me priority and assign my case to immigration officer and he or she will contact me soon.

Regarding the first work, I did something maybe can help. I went to the general manager of the company and let him sign a declaration contains all informatin included in the experience letter and he provided me with a business card with all of his contacts in order to let INZ contact him if needed. plus I have a friend of mine he was working with me in the same company I will him do the same. From your opinion is this enough beside the experience letter and job description?

Persephone Feb 25th 2013 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by hmlamie (Post 10568374)
Thanks a lot for your response. My branch is London branch and last friday I sent them already my offer letter with Job description and they responded today that they will give me priority and assign my case to immigration officer and he or she will contact me soon.

Regarding the first work, I did something maybe can help. I went to the general manager of the company and let him sign a declaration contains all informatin included in the experience letter and he provided me with a business card with all of his contacts in order to let INZ contact him if needed. plus I have a friend of mine he was working with me in the same company I will him do the same. From your opinion is this enough beside the experience letter and job description?

Good news:thumbsup::thumbsup: You'll have a case officer soon!

I would think the declaration from the general manager will help more than your friend's declaration but you've got nothing to lose by supplying them both. I can't tell you whether it will be enough though, it all depends on your case officer.

hmlamie Feb 25th 2013 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10568397)
Good news:thumbsup::thumbsup: You'll have a case officer soon!

I would think the declaration from the general manager will help more than your friend's declaration but you've got nothing to lose by supplying them both. I can't tell you whether it will be enough though, it all depends on your case officer.

Thanks a lot :) :D So for the worst case can I apply again for the residence or not, if I am not able to convince INZ by this although the experience letter have all of required information signed and stamped in the company letter head with a full descrption of my position in that time and it is a skilled employment job (IT - Oracle Developer) and it is long time back almost 10 years

Persephone Feb 25th 2013 5:24 pm

You can apply again if you need to though obviously you'll wait and see what the outcome is first. If they remove points then you wouldn't have been selected at that time but you now have a job offer so your circumstances have changed, I don't know what they do in that case.
There is always the WTR visa as well-accredited employer and also your job is on the LTSSL [yes?]

Stay positive:)

hmlamie Feb 25th 2013 5:34 pm

Yes it is every where, my previous and current job is ICT business analysis and the job offer is ICT functional analysis, and the job in Christchurch for accredited employer and it is a fixed term employment for 2 years. When my EOI was selected in 2nd may 2012 I was having 8 years and 8 years and 5 months and I claimed bonus point for the 8 years experience. This first company I worked 1 year and 4 months for it so if I will lose it it means that my points will be decreased and I have to apply again. But I have a question, why the case officer will not accept an experience letter as it is original stating everything inside it and it is attached with a full job description, and according to their operation manual this is the first evidence they mentioned. And does my job offer can support my case in this situation specially if it is in the same field of whole work experience?

Persephone Feb 25th 2013 5:42 pm

They may well accept just the experience letter especially if all your other experience is better documented. I mentioned the points being deducted because they might but then you also have a job offer now so they may allow some leniency on that-I just don't know though.

But then they may be fine with the letter and all this is for nothing:) Time will tell, try not to worry too much. At least the worst case scenario is another [costly:(] application, you have plenty of options should you need them:)

hmlamie Feb 26th 2013 4:13 am

Really you reassure me thanks a lot pesephone, yes all other experiences are well documented. I have every thing starting from the offers, contracts to experience letters and job description, even bank statements. the only issue is the first one. In that time I was young just graduated from college and it was my first job so I accepted to work with no contract and it was common in my country in that time to work without contracts specially in the IT, as IT was booming and we were exporting softwares to Gulf countries like qatar, Saudi Arabia. And I think I will find a lot of IT egyptians have the same situation not only me. I was lucky to get experiece letter and Job description. As I know some of my colleugues in this company didn't get even experience letter.