British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   submitted EOI with 155 points (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/submitted-eoi-155-points-789068/)

alwaysonnet Mar 1st 2013 8:05 am

submitted EOI with 155 points

Hello members,

I've submitted my EOI today with 155 points..keeping my fingers crossed

I've nearly 9 years of experience on Perl, Linux and these technologies are listed under 'absolute skill shortage' and 'long term skill shortage list' for NZ. Also I finished my Master of computer applications from andhra university, India.

Please let me know whether my EOI will be accepted based on my work experience and technologies listed.

any help is appreciated :-)

MrsFychan Mar 1st 2013 9:20 am

Re: submitted EOI with 155 points

if you have stuck to the guidelines and filled the forms in correctly then you will be selected at the next selection. It is then that you have to prove the documentation you have claimed points for when you submit your ITA

northeastlad Mar 1st 2013 2:01 pm

Good luck! :fingerscrossed:

Persephone Mar 1st 2013 6:16 pm

155 points is an automatic draw:thumbsup:
Start getting documents ready for when the ITA arrives

alwaysonnet Mar 5th 2013 2:06 am

Back to my basic question, my master's degree is not under exemption list and I have submitted for PAR assessment for the same. meanwhile, i submitted my EOI and hoping to get selected. Will NZ officials ask for assessment results or decline EOI before sending ITA?

simonsi Mar 5th 2013 4:20 am

With 155 points your EOI WILL get selected and NZIS WILL then spend up to 4 weeks reviewing it. They may challenge all, some or none of the points you have claimed. Depending on their final total you will either
  1. get an ITA,
  2. asked to clarify your points or
  3. rejected and returned to the pool if your EOI would not have been drawn with the new points total.

Without knowing your detailed points claimed it isn't possible for us to give a more precise view as the end result depends on your final total as assessed by NZIS, not just whether your qualification is sound.

Be aware that for bonus points you must be able to substantiate both the qualification AND experience stated in column 4 of the LTSSL list. Those lists are after all built around employment roles, not just IT technologies IIRC.

alwaysonnet Mar 6th 2013 1:36 am

I saw today morning and my EOI got selected. :)
fingers crossed to get the invitation.

shayrock Mar 17th 2013 7:11 am

Hey guys,

I'm already in NZ with silver fern visa. I have got a job and now i'm planing to submit my EOI for PR. Is it a good idea to work on the PR process with out an immigration adviser? How did you guys apply? I think I have 160 points.

Cheers

MrsFychan Mar 17th 2013 7:16 am

Originally Posted by shayrock (Post 10608332)
Hey guys,

I'm already in NZ with silver fern visa. I have got a job and now i'm planing to submit my EOI for PR. Is it a good idea to work on the PR process with out an immigration adviser? How did you guys apply? I think I have 160 points.

Cheers

don't think many on here have used an Immigration Advisor but it does all depend on your personal circumstances. Have a good read through everything as that seems to be the most common mistake people make is not reading fully the criteria needed to apply and be successful. As you are already over here you can always speak to your local Immigration Office if you get stuck on anything.
If you fill all the requirements and can provide all the correct evidence for points you shouldn't have any problems doing it yourself.

shayrock Mar 17th 2013 7:42 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10608336)
don't think many on here have used an Immigration Advisor but it does all depend on your personal circumstances. Have a good read through everything as that seems to be the most common mistake people make is not reading fully the criteria needed to apply and be successful. As you are already over here you can always speak to your local Immigration Office if you get stuck on anything.
If you fill all the requirements and can provide all the correct evidence for points you shouldn't have any problems doing it yourself.

MrsFychan,
Thanks a lot for reply!!