Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Submitted application for PR having got ITA, but

Submitted application for PR having got ITA, but

Old Oct 11th 2011, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Submitted application for PR having got ITA, but

Meds run out on 20th Oct.
I submitted my application for PR to Auckland CBD on the 6th. I hope I included everything, but if I haven't and they return it, I'm going to be really short on time.
The question I have is this. Do they count the date as when they received the envelope or when it is counted as "lodged"? At the moment, lodgement is taking a week plus in Auckland CBD. So having submitted on the 6th, I don't expect to hear if my application has been successfully lodged till the end of the week. If it is missing something and the lodgement fails, I will have next to no time to turn it around. The officer I spoke to today said that I would have to rectify this by the 20th but I forgot to ask precisely what this means. I would have thought that my deadline is the 20th for lodgement and not for them just receiving it. Ahhh! the stress. The worst case is that I and my family will have to have our meds again but come on Auckland - London turned the lodgement around in a day, not a week!

Thanks, any insight much appreciated....