British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Submit EOI or wait for NZQA assessment first? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/submit-eoi-wait-nzqa-assessment-first-516109/)

Stoof Feb 21st 2008 12:28 pm

Submit EOI or wait for NZQA assessment first?

hello!

am partner to my OH's principle EOI application

my BA is already on 'recognised' list, but i also have a grad dip which NZIS website says needs NZQA assessment

should i sort out NZQA assessment first or can the EOI go in without this and be updated later?

what do you reckon?

cheers

Jen

Kags1694 Feb 21st 2008 1:28 pm

Re: Submit EOI or wait for NZQA assessment first?

Originally Posted by Stoof (Post 5964148)
hello!

my BA is already on 'recognised' list, but i also have a grad dip which NZIS website says needs NZQA assessment

should i sort out NZQA assessment first or can the EOI go in without this and be updated later?

what do you reckon?

cheers

Jen

Hi Jen,
We submitted our EOI first, but I think it mite be best to send quals off to NZQA, (I sent my oh off Aug 07 and finally got back in Dec 07),
we had to get an extention to our return date for our ITA.

Regards
Karen

Stoof Feb 23rd 2008 7:55 pm

thanks! :)

jjthefridge Mar 1st 2008 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Stoof (Post 5964148)
hello!

what do you reckon?

cheers

Jen

Hi

Had same dialemma, decided that i'd have to get qualls assessed any way, so i'd say get qualifications assessed first, one less thing to do later on.

j.j.
:angel_smile:

BEVS Mar 2nd 2008 5:10 am

Yes. In my opinion it is better to have all your ammo ready & to hand before you launch your attack.

Stoof Mar 4th 2008 7:38 pm

ace... thanks all... :)

zummerzet_lou Mar 5th 2008 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Stoof (Post 6017187)
ace... thanks all... :)

Just to put the cat among the pigeons,

As principle applicant, my degree was on their recognised list so didn't get NZQA assessment prior to submitting my EOI. Sometimes NZIS at ITA stage ask you to do the NZQA full assessment so I figured might as well just pay once, rather than pay for a pre-assessment AND a full assessment.

Will your post-grad give you many extra point? When we did our EOI, second applicant got a max of 10 points and that was it for qualifications. If that's still the case, I think I'd wait and see what they request at ITA time.

As it happens, I was asked to get a full assessment for my degree, but hubby's degree wasn't investigated and has been taken at face value.

HTH

Lou