Subject Access - Data Protection Act??

Old Aug 24th 2009, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Subject Access - Data Protection Act??

Hi All...I am currently applying for PR and have submitted subject Access reports from the Data Protection Act 1998 for my Police Checks.

I know there is ACRO as detailed on the NZIS website, but it also states that the Subject Access will be suitable until 1st Oct 2009.

I have since had a discussion with NZIS and they have advised me that these are not suitable, and that they never have been a suitable Police Check for PR. I don't agree with them and I would like to here if anyone else has applied for PR this year and submitted the Subject Access report for their police check!

It would be great to here from as many people as possible as I am going to take this further with NZIS & the Minister of Imigration.

Look forward to all your replies as this will support me greatly.

Cheers
Old Aug 24th 2009, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Subject Access - Data Protection Act??

Originally Posted by garryhg
Hi All...I am currently applying for PR and have submitted subject Access reports from the Data Protection Act 1998 for my Police Checks.

I know there is ACRO as detailed on the NZIS website, but it also states that the Subject Access will be suitable until 1st Oct 2009.

I have since had a discussion with NZIS and they have advised me that these are not suitable, and that they never have been a suitable Police Check for PR. I don't agree with them and I would like to here if anyone else has applied for PR this year and submitted the Subject Access report for their police check!

It would be great to here from as many people as possible as I am going to take this further with NZIS & the Minister of Imigration.

Look forward to all your replies as this will support me greatly.

Cheers
we applied last year under the 'skilled migrant category' and this is what we sent in as our police checks, no probs WTR was approved.

I hope this is not the case, sent off for ours last week- thinking they would take 40 days like last time and couldn't believe it they arrived back today!!!

Good luck will be following your progress.
chris
Old Aug 24th 2009, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Chris,

I used this 2 years ago, also for WTR, but they have said they are not suitable for PR?

I'm being forced to re-apply through ACRO for the same information. Let me know if they accept yours....I'm looking to get as much ammunition as possible to go back at them.

Cheers & All the best with your application.

Cheers
Old Sep 1st 2009, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

No further forward at present....still waiting on the information from ACRO

Immigration are not the best people to speak with unfortunately...

Has anyone else had PR confirmed lately by submitting the Subject Access police checks?

Thanks