Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Student visa and Student partner work visa enquiry

Student visa and Student partner work visa enquiry

Old Jun 13th 2019, 3:27 am
Just Joined

luka_k is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Student visa and Student partner work visa enquiry

Hi all. I'm from Macau and has over 8 years working experience on Long term skill shortage list. I was planning to live and work in NZ with SMC visa but it requires job offer which is really hard to get since most of the recruiters and employees not intend to offer jobs for foreigners.

After some research on NZ immigration website and came up with an idea of live and work in NZ without a job offer which want to validate with you experts.

1. I will apply a 1 year post-graduate course related to my professional at NZ university which gives me a student visa
2. With that student visa, I can apply Student partner work visa for my wife and children to stay in NZ
3. During the 1 year post-graduate course, I can be an intern at local companies (part of the course) and possibly get a job offer to uplift to a work visa and able to apply for SMC eventually

What I want to ask you experts is either my idea is so hard to achieve or not even have a chance? and since my undergraduate is not related to Long term skill shortage list and my profession, will the IQA still take into account when applying for SMC?

Thank you advance for your replies.