Still waiting for C/O

Old Sep 25th 2009, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice
Default Still waiting for C/O

Well today we have been waiting for exactly 3 long months and two weeks to be assigned a c/o, AND STILL WAITING, we are only 2 weeks off the max waiting time (i desperately hope)

Almost to the point of pulling my hair out!!!! Keep checking e-mails and telling myself to be patient.

See, my hubby has a really good job offer in the pipeline at work, almost good enough that to turn down would be a foolish career move and we still havent sold our house and our oldest daughters starting her GCSE's and then there is NZ and even with max waiting times we should hear by the end of the year if we are able to go, just about right another fork in the road!!!!

Anyone else in a simular boat.............
Old Sep 26th 2009, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

The Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to all
Smile Re: Still waiting for C/O

Hang in there, trust me you will soon hear. Then everything happens very quickly. I know I've been sat in the same waiting room thinking the same thoughts. But it will happen. Good luck and keep us all posted.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Still waiting for C/O

Originally Posted by Mudplug
Well today we have been waiting for exactly 3 long months and two weeks to be assigned a c/o, AND STILL WAITING, we are only 2 weeks off the max waiting time (i desperately hope)

Almost to the point of pulling my hair out!!!! Keep checking e-mails and telling myself to be patient.

See, my hubby has a really good job offer in the pipeline at work, almost good enough that to turn down would be a foolish career move and we still havent sold our house and our oldest daughters starting her GCSE's and then there is NZ and even with max waiting times we should hear by the end of the year if we are able to go, just about right another fork in the road!!!!

Anyone else in a simular boat.............
Hi - we receieved a letter yesterday from our C/O telling us she will make a decsion re: our visa within 1 to 3 months if no further documentaion or referal to the MA is needed!!!. I have has my job offer since feb and am getting really worried that they will with draw it, withoir job offer no visa age is not on my side lol
Old Sep 30th 2009, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice

Hey good luck, sounds positive, will be keeping fingers crossed for you.

Unfortunately we are still waiting to hear, keep checking emails, but alas nothing yet, cant believe its taken this long to hear anything, 1 week and 2 days till max waiting time achieved!!! very frustrating....

Soon be christmas........
Old Sep 30th 2009, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Hi Mudplug - you've not said if you have tried contacting NZ immigration you should have received a contact name with your ITA its worth a try. Are you on the skilled migrant track if so the NZ website states that you will be assigned a C/O between 3wks & 3months. Best of luck

We also still have to sell our house so now just trying to take each day at a time I guess some things are worth waiting!!! BW ragdolls2
Old Oct 1st 2009, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Hi Ragdolls2
Yeah we have phone NZ London but the chap my hubby spoke to wasnt much help, so in desperation today we emailed, now I would of thought speaking to someone face to face would of got more answers but in this case, no!
The email in return stated we have someone working on our application and they will be in touch if they need anymore info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT all that stressing that we had been forgotton!!!!!!!!!!!!
Again another wait............wonder how long for this time...................hope this is bloody worth it in the long run......................

Good luck on your house sale, our areas not moving much, only really cheap houses, cant afford to drop to much otherwise we will have to go with nothing and if we dont manage to go we will have no moneys to buy here, wish it was all over....
Old Oct 1st 2009, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Mudplug - things will start to move for you. We had an offer but was 13,000 below asking price and we already have it on at 15,000 below others in our area so we said no. I think if people know you are emigrating they assume you will accept anything just to get rid!!!
not sure if you mentioned you had start date for a job. I think they will prioritize on job start dates. I have no definite start date although the agency would have preferred me to be in NZ by Sept. so I am going to contact the hospital and arrange a start date with the view to try and push things through. not sure if it will work but worth a try. I think we will be referred to the MA because myOH had raised Gtt ( he's now been teetotal since the medical in anticipation of repeat blood tests) so now we are playing the waiting game along with lots of others who have posted on the this site just feel in limbo...........good to have a site like this to discuss progress air frustrations etc etc etc......................
Old Oct 1st 2009, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Ragdolls2, trouble with our house is we live right out in the sticks, and its a large house, when we had it valued the difference between the agents was huge, so we put it on for the highest value with a view to dropping, hubby wants to get stickers in passports before doing anything, totally frustrating!!!!
But I no how dis-heartening it can be when someone offers you peanuts for somewhere you call home, I must admit I felt like hitting 1 agent in particular when he valued our house SO low that we would of come away from it with nothing then he had the cheek to laugh and say he gave it that value while driving down the road (before even arriving, cheeky bugger)

Well we are doing this visa thing on our own, at the mo hubby wants to get the go ahead without the job offer thing, if we get the ok then he will start looking (very quickly) as we wont go until he has one.

Reading others storys about being referred to the MA might not pay to get a definite confirmed date because the time scales differ so much, but on the other hand its a far quicker process then our route.....

Well done to your hubby tho, see it can be done!!!
What area are you looking to go? we havent set our hearts on anywhere, actually wont let myself get carried away just in case at the end of all this we get a no.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 12:53 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh it must be agony all this waiting, hope you hear something soon

Something I've read about and seem to have experienced personally is that if you email them in NZ they get moving for some reason. Our advisor notified us that we were selected in the EOI draw but we didn't receive anything here, so we were worried and emailed NZIS twice, their replies were vague to say the least. We did receive our notification letter and almost immediately they asked for our documents so NZQA can assess them! OH said our emails must have jolted them into action somehow

Good luck to you and hopefully you'll be posting here very soon to tell us you were assigned a CO!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mudplug
Hi Ragdolls2, trouble with our house is we live right out in the sticks, and its a large house, when we had it valued the difference between the agents was huge, so we put it on for the highest value with a view to dropping, hubby wants to get stickers in passports before doing anything, totally frustrating!!!!
But I no how dis-heartening it can be when someone offers you peanuts for somewhere you call home, I must admit I felt like hitting 1 agent in particular when he valued our house SO low that we would of come away from it with nothing then he had the cheek to laugh and say he gave it that value while driving down the road (before even arriving, cheeky bugger)

Well we are doing this visa thing on our own, at the mo hubby wants to get the go ahead without the job offer thing, if we get the ok then he will start looking (very quickly) as we wont go until he has one.

Reading others storys about being referred to the MA might not pay to get a definite confirmed date because the time scales differ so much, but on the other hand its a far quicker process then our route.....

Well done to your hubby tho, see it can be done!!!
What area are you looking to go? we havent set our hearts on anywhere, actually wont let myself get carried away just in case at the end of all this we get a no.
Hi Mudplug - I have a job in palmerston north so we will go there and rent first and then take a couple of years to explore the country before we settle down. We haven't been to NZ before so have no frame of reference. My OH hasn't got a job yet as the agencies he has spoke to want him to be in NZ first!!! Me...... also things he wants to relax a little when he gets there but i have other ideas!!!! What does your hubby dox
Old Oct 1st 2009, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Kija
Its funny back when we were selected from the pool we waited and waited for them to do there checks, this took forever so hubby phoned and funny enough the next day we had checks approved!!! Coincidence hmm., tend to agree with your hubby, give umm a quick nudge!!!!!
As for the NZQA we did this before we did the EOI, hubby decided we would only go ahead if we got a decent score, and supprisingly enough he did, when hubby sent off his paperwork to be assessed he included all relevant infomation and any other information that might help, his theory was it wouldnt hurt and he scored the level above he was expecting, so discission made!

But now I think looking back, altho we are no way finished and still have a long way to go, the biggest thing I have learned is to be patient, there is a serous amount of waiting here in the ever increasing waiting room............
Old Oct 1st 2009, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Ragdolls2
Like your idea, we made the mistake before about buying a house to quickly before knowing the area, thats not a mistake we want to make again, if we get the go ahead think we will just end up where ever hubby gets a job to, my only requirement is BEACH, bit of a water sea lover!!!!!
We have 4 kids range'n from 15 to 2 so moving around might no be possible cos of schooling etc. Dont want to research to much about places until we have a job, there we go again, chase'n my tail!!!!!
Hubbys job is Project Manager, we refer to him as the pen pusher!
We also havent been before, BIG GAMBLE isnt it, I have been having major second thoughts!
Old Oct 1st 2009, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi mudplug- know what you mean about second thoughts i think it is just the not knowing if things are going to progress or not, also we don't have time on our sides both 50+ so need to get there asap or will not be eligible. for all who are in the same place as usx
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

So nice to hear someone else has the same up and down feelings, I now understand why when I first started reading about others progress's they called it a 'rollercoaster of emotion' well I think we might be to high now to jump off!!!!!
Hey ho, in a year or so when we are all out there looking back giving others in the same position we are now the words of advice given to us perhaps we can all meet up on a beach somewhere and have a well earned glass of something cold and fizzy
Old Oct 1st 2009, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

I'll drink to that !! and of course the OH will be able to then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.