Sticker or Passport?

Old Dec 12th 2018, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all
Default Sticker or Passport?

If granted Citizenship but still have a number of years to run on UK passport, which would be the better option, to get a NZ Passport or get an endorsement in UK Passport?
Old Dec 13th 2018, 7:54 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sticker or Passport?

entirely up to you, we are now NZ Citizens but have yet to apply for the passport, but even when we get the NZ Passport we will keep the UK one up to date.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MrsFychan View Post
entirely up to you, we are now NZ Citizens but have yet to apply for the passport, but even when we get the NZ Passport we will keep the UK one up to date.
Did you get the endorsement in your UK passport? I thought I had read somewhere that your residence visa becomes invalid when you become a citizen so could be a problem if you travel on a UK passport without the citizenship endorsement (I could be entirely wrong).
Old Dec 13th 2018, 6:04 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

to be fairly honest Im not to sure. we have'nt got out NZ passports. I did have a little problem getting back out of the UK back in June as I had forgotten to transfer the visa into after renewal but just meant I had to queue up and see a real person and explained I had forgotten to do it and that I was in fact now a Citizen of NZ, she cleared me through and said it happens a lot. I did call immigration about it when we got back but for the life of me I cannot remember what they said, think it was all a bit to confusing so decided to let sleeping dogs lie. Maybe I should really try and suss it out, but you know, Life at that

Not sure how we would go about leaving the country, or the logistics of utilising 2 passports on one holiday, like leave NZ on NZ passport, enter UK on UK passport.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Not sure how we would go about leaving the country, or the logistics of utilising 2 passports on one holiday, like leave NZ on NZ passport, enter UK on UK passport.[/QUOTE]

I wondered about that as well.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 8:42 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reylan View Post
Did you get the endorsement in your UK passport? I thought I had read somewhere that your residence visa becomes invalid when you become a citizen so could be a problem if you travel on a UK passport without the citizenship endorsement (I could be entirely wrong).
That is correct.
You are no longer a UK citizen granted NZ residency. You are an NZ citizen with dual citizenship. That is different and NZ Immy records should show that.
There is a need to have the NZ endorsement in your UK passport .
Having said that we haven't done that . We obtained our NZ passports and travel on these. However I do intend that we apply for those endorsements for our UK passports at some point .

It's all money
Old Dec 13th 2018, 8:46 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

We have NZ passports and UK ones. If we are going to the UK or Europe we leave on our NZ passport and enter the UK with our UK passport. On leaving we present UK passport and enter NZ with our NZ one. Simple!
Old Dec 13th 2018, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

It's all money [/QUOTE]

Isn't everything these days!!
Old Dec 13th 2018, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Just another question. If you have an NZ Passport and renew your UK Passport do you need an endorsement in your new UK one (which won't have any other residency visas in it). I'm thinking get an endosement until UK Passort runs out and then get an NZ Passport and a new UK one as well. Of course, I do have to hope we get granted citizenship first
Old Dec 14th 2018, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
We have NZ passports and UK ones. If we are going to the UK or Europe we leave on our NZ passport and enter the UK with our UK passport. On leaving we present UK passport and enter NZ with our NZ one. Simple!
Yep thats what is what we were thinking
Old Jan 31st 2019, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

MrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
The husband and kids have NZ and UK passports and we do this as well. It really is that simple