British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Starting to get worried - help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/starting-get-worried-help-642811/)

donnisons Nov 30th 2009 8:39 pm

Starting to get worried - help

Hi

I know I've asked this before, but I keep seeing people posting that their ITA are on the way. We were selected with 135 points on 7th October, but still nothing. I check every day and our status still shows selected.

We don't have job offers, but having checked on the London branch website and it states that without job offer ITA usually takes up to 4 weeks. We have now been waiting nearly 8 weeks. I did call them too and was told it can take up to three months, but I am rather confused.

Do the people who have received their ITAs recently have job offers or are they being processed by other offices?

Should I be concerned they have lost our paperwork? Help! :confused:

garfield250 Nov 30th 2009 9:30 pm

Re: Starting to get worried - help

Originally Posted by donnisons (Post 8136551)
Hi

I know I've asked this before, but I keep seeing people posting that their ITA are on the way. We were selected with 135 points on 7th October, but still nothing. I check every day and our status still shows selected.

We don't have job offers, but having checked on the London branch website and it states that without job offer ITA usually takes up to 4 weeks. We have now been waiting nearly 8 weeks. I did call them too and was told it can take up to three months, but I am rather confused.

Do the people who have received their ITAs recently have job offers or are they being processed by other offices?

Should I be concerned they have lost our paperwork? Help! :confused:

I know its very easy for others to say 'Relax' and 'Don't Worry' but as you are in NZIS' hands that I am afraid is all you can do at the moment (sorry not what you wanted to hear).
Each case is different, the processing times quoted by the London branch is indicative of the average time should all evidence be in place and nothing else is required.
Your paperwork is very likley still being evaluated and checked to make sure the claims made in your EOI are legitimate.
As others have said it can be a long and frustrating wait :thumbdown:

ragdolls2 Dec 1st 2009 5:35 pm

Hi - our ITA took about 3 weeks via the london office however I do have a job offer. We were told it can take up to 3mths. It might be worth just e-mailing them. Best of luck

LukeandJo Dec 1st 2009 6:47 pm

Our ITA took a month to arrive.
It was sent from the London branch.

donnisons Dec 1st 2009 7:04 pm

Thanks for the replies. Luke and Jo did you have a job offer. My husband is the main applicant and he has already had his qualifications assessed and has registration with the Teaching Council, so I really don't understand why it is taking so long.

Does anyone know the email address, I can only find a telephone number on the website

Thanks

BEVS Dec 1st 2009 8:38 pm

I'm not sure there is a general email contact address.

I agree with you FWIW. It does seem a bit long .

Persephone Dec 2nd 2009 12:43 am

Hope you hear from them soon and get that status changed to decision successful.
Sometimes they seem to take longer than expected and there may be no real reason for it. When I applied last year NZIS said 2-3m to go from selected to ITA, it took me 5 and a half months:frown: I tried phoning and sending emails- I got my CO's phone no. and email address by going into NZ House and they gave me them. Obviously that can only work if you can get into London easily. Having said that she still didn't get back in touch.
I ended up writing a letter of complaint and received my ITA a day or so after they received the letter:sneaky:

I'm not trying to dishearten you. I was in the same situation, others on here were receiving their ITAs and they were selected after me - no job offer, same as me. There was absolutely nothing 'difficult' about my application either.

If they are saying up to 3m to hear from them then maybe hang on in there a little longer or they will keep telling you that you've not waited long enough.
I know how frustrating it is when it is taking longer than you hoped for but it will work out in the end. If you can go into NZ House then they may be able to give you more info.
I think I was a one off as far as the time taken was concerned so please don't worry that it might take that long:thumbup:

Flower Pot Dec 2nd 2009 6:51 am

[email protected]

Think thats a general one :D

Ours only took a month to get it and we don't have job offers... maybe there is an influx of applicants at the mo?

Good luck x :fingerscrossed:

donnisons Dec 2nd 2009 11:46 am

Thanks for the responses, it's good to know it isn't just me going crazy! :rofl:

I have sent an enquiry from the NZ Immigration website through the help pages and to the email address kindly supplied by Flower Pot (thank you), so fingers crossed I get a positive response. I wouldn't mind but we went to the trouble of getting qualifications assessed and registering with the Teaching Council prior to submitting EOI in the hope it would speed things up - well that didn't work very well did it!

I'll keep you posted. Many thanks again.

donnisons Dec 2nd 2009 2:16 pm

Well that was quick I've had a reply from the London office already. Thanks again Flower Pot for the email address.

All I can say is that my husband is in BIG trouble. Apparently they emailed him on 22nd October asking for copies of NZQA reports, but it must have gone straight into his spam email. I have been asking him to check and he promised me he had - wait till I get my hands on him this evening!

I have now scanned and emailed the reports so :fingerscrossed: we will hear something soon.

garfield250 Dec 2nd 2009 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by donnisons (Post 8141382)
Well that was quick I've had a reply from the London office already. Thanks again Flower Pot for the email address.

All I can say is that my husband is in BIG trouble. Apparently they emailed him on 22nd October asking for copies of NZQA reports, but it must have gone straight into his spam email. I have been asking him to check and he promised me he had - wait till I get my hands on him this evening!

I have now scanned and emailed the reports so :fingerscrossed: we will hear something soon.

OH=:frown:
:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::thumbsup::

Good luck hope everything turns out well for you.....

donnisons Dec 3rd 2009 12:13 pm

UPDATE

I've heard from the London Office again today and have been told the checks have been completed and out ITA will be with us in the next few days :thumbsup:

I now have a further question, but think I'll start a new thread as it concerns the medical adviser and I know a few of you have experience of this :thumbdown: