British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Started EOI...but stuck (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/started-eoi-but-stuck-706610/)

ishshor Feb 23rd 2011 4:25 pm

Started EOI...but stuck

1 Attachment(s)
Dear All,
I have started filling EOI form. But stuck. I have attached the EOI summary.

Me and my partner's IELTS total info given. But no points awarded
still(showing 0).
will those be calculate after payment and submission..?

Can anyone give me the NZQA link for "Recognised Qualifications" and
"Recognised Work Experience"....

Thankz in advance...

theRices Feb 23rd 2011 5:05 pm

Re: Started EOI...but stuck

Originally Posted by ishshor (Post 9196643)
Dear All,
I have started filling EOI form. But stuck. I have attached the EOI summary.

Me and my partner's IELTS total info given. But no points awarded
still(showing 0).
will those be calculate after payment and submission..?

Can anyone give me the NZQA link for "Recognised Qualifications" and
"Recognised Work Experience"....

Thankz in advance...

You don't get points for English abilities, it is a requirement.

Below is the link to the points table

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ointstable.htm

it also gives you a link to the bonus points table

simonsi Feb 23rd 2011 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by theRices (Post 9196743)
You don't get points for English abilities, it is a requirement.

Sounds harsh but true. Read the Ops Manual online on the NZIS website if you are unsure what attracts points and what doesn´t.

Any item in the EOI that attracts points will show them as you answer appropriately and save that section. Nothing waits until payment etc.

theRices Feb 23rd 2011 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 9197367)
Sounds harsh but true. Read the Ops Manual online on the NZIS website if you are unsure what attracts points and what doesn´t.

Any item in the EOI that attracts points will show them as you answer appropriately and save that section. Nothing waits until payment etc.

I do apologise if it sounded a bit harsh but there are no points awarded for English...

simonsi Feb 24th 2011 2:10 am

Originally Posted by theRices (Post 9197491)
I do apologise if it sounded a bit harsh but there are no points awarded for English...

Sorry, I meant that no points for standard of English (ie the message) sounded harsh, not the way you put it (the messenger). :)

ishshor Feb 24th 2011 2:15 am

Originally Posted by theRices (Post 9197491)

But ive got 6.5 in IELTS......
and my partnet 5.5 in IELTS

ishshor Feb 24th 2011 2:16 am

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 9197367)

But ive 6.5 in IELTS and My partnet is 5.5

simonsi Feb 24th 2011 2:35 am

Originally Posted by ishshor (Post 9197846)
But ive 6.5 in IELTS and My partnet is 5.5

Look at the Operations Manual for NZ Immigration here

"SM5.5 Minimum standard of English language for principal applicants

1. Applications under the Skilled Migrant Category must be declined if the principal applicant has not met the minimum standard of English.
2. Principal applicants under the Skilled Migrant Category meet the minimum standard of English if they provide a Test Report Form (no more than 2 years old at the time the application is lodged) from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), showing they achieved an overall band score of at least 6.5 in the IELTS General or Academic Module
."

So good news in that you meet the minimum standard, but it is just that, there are no points for it, it is just a standard below which you will be declined.

You must be of good character too, and have no medical issues either but there are also no points for those, they are all just minimum standards.

ishshor Feb 24th 2011 2:47 am

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 9197871)
Look at the Operations Manual for NZ Immigration here

"SM5.5 Minimum standard of English language for principal applicants

1. Applications under the Skilled Migrant Category must be declined if the principal applicant has not met the minimum standard of English.
2. Principal applicants under the Skilled Migrant Category meet the minimum standard of English if they provide a Test Report Form (no more than 2 years old at the time the application is lodged) from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), showing they achieved an overall band score of at least 6.5 in the IELTS General or Academic Module
."

So good news in that you meet the minimum standard, but it is just that, there are no points for it, it is just a standard below which you will be declined.

You must be of good character too, and have no medical issues either but there are also no points for those, they are all just minimum standards.

Thankz a lot Man.... great explainatation...