Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Spouse has Aussie passport - what do I need?

Spouse has Aussie passport - what do I need?

Old Dec 1st 2008, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Neil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to allNeil Jackson is a name known to all
Default Spouse has Aussie passport - what do I need?

Hi, thanks for looking. The wife has an Australian passport (dual Brit nationality), and we want to head off to NZ so she can be a theatre nurse out there. I'm a bricky. Given that she's got an Aussie passport and bearing in mind the reciprocal agreement 'tween Oz and NZ, what do I need so that I can come too?
Ideally, it would be simplest to get in on a Family Permanent Resident - Partner ticket, but we're currently in the UK and intend to travel out together, so currently she's not a resident yet, making it technically a grey area in-between. So what do you people think?

Last edited by Neil Jackson; Dec 1st 2008 at 1:20 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 3:36 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse has Aussie passport - what do I need?

Unusual question, which is why it's not been answered.

How long have you been married and are you aware of the new provisions in the
Australian Citizenship Act 2007 for spouses of Australian citizens?

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/spouses.htm
also http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Perman...28Australia%29

It won't help you get to New Zealand in the immediate future, but you should also be aware that those admitted to Australia with permanent visas can normally live in New Zealand (at least for now).

Last edited by JAJ; Dec 9th 2008 at 4:34 am.