sponsorship

Old Sep 11th 2009, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice
Default sponsorship

Hi,

Quick question,
Can we sponsor our children to come to NZ once we are a PR....
Thank you in advance
xxElainexx
Old Sep 11th 2009, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sponsorship

I think you have to be a NZ citizen to do that and it is 5 years before you can become one
Old Sep 11th 2009, 11:30 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxElainexx View Post
Hi,

Quick question,
Can we sponsor our children to come to NZ once we are a PR....
Thank you in advance
xxElainexx
No. Not if they all currently live in the same country.

It is about what is called the 'centre of gravity'.

Originally Posted by NZIS
To be eligible your adult child must have
  • have no other siblings or parents who are living lawfully and permanently in the same country in which they are living lawfully and permanently
Have a read HERE
Old Sep 12th 2009, 7:26 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
No. Not if they all currently live in the same country.

It is about what is called the 'centre of gravity'.

Have a read HERE
My adult children have no contact with their father (his choice, nice) or their fathers side of the family (their choice, even nicer). As my OH is a kiwi but not their natural father would it change anything if he sponsored them?

All a bit hypothetical, oldest is interested in following us out & there is a slim chance of a job

Thanks if anyone can shed light

DEwb
Old Sep 12th 2009, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated..

xxElainexx
Old Sep 12th 2009, 12:23 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated..

xxElainexx

Where are you exactly in the process Elaine? Please forgive me for this but do not say ' Assessment' because that was ages ago.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 12:27 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

Originally Posted by Dewb09 View Post
My adult children have no contact with their father (his choice, nice) or their fathers side of the family (their choice, even nicer). As my OH is a kiwi but not their natural father would it change anything if he sponsored them?

All a bit hypothetical, oldest is interested in following us out & there is a slim chance of a job

Thanks if anyone can shed light

DEwb
As above. It depends on where the centre of gravity lies.
If all the kids are in the UK, then the centre of gravity is there.
Your OH is not the parent. Whether or not there is contact with your ex makes no odds.

If your adult, independent kids all live in the UK , then the centre of gravity is there for them and not NZ. So, no, you cannot sponsor.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

Where are you exactly in the process Elaine? Please forgive me for this but do not say ' Assessment' because that was ages ago.
Hi Bevs

At present we are still in the process of making the decision to move..having read reports of people having to come home in certain circumstances as they are no longer employed and have only a Temporary Work Permit it's given us concern, as that would have possibly been our way in....unable to come in on skilled route as hubby doesn't have the certificates required.. still doing lots of research .....i.e.options...etc...

Thanks for your help
xxElainexx
Old Sep 12th 2009, 6:32 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

As above. It depends on where the centre of gravity lies.
If all the kids are in the UK, then the centre of gravity is there.
Your OH is not the parent. Whether or not there is contact with your ex makes no odds.

If your adult, independent kids all live in the UK , then the centre of gravity is there for them and not NZ. So, no, you cannot sponsor.
Thanks Bev & apologies Elaine for hijacking your post

Can I just ask as the two youngest kids are coming with me (half sisters to my oldest) would that put the center of gravity in NZ if Myself & younger siblings are there?

Dewb
Old Sep 13th 2009, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Bev & apologies Elaine for hijacking your post

Can I just ask as the two youngest kids are coming with me (half sisters to my oldest) would that put the center of gravity in NZ if Myself & younger siblings are there?

Dewb
Hiya,

No worries, hope you get it all resolved...so many questions to be asked and don't know about you but feel this is one of the better places to ask, as they are real experiences going on but obviously some with different issues but with similar and sometimes the same outcome..
enjoy the rest of the weekend
xxElainexx
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:16 am
Scorchy legs

Hiya,

No worries, hope you get it all resolved...so many questions to be asked and don't know about you but feel this is one of the better places to ask, as they are real experiences going on but obviously some with different issues but with similar and sometimes the same outcome..
enjoy the rest of the weekend
xxElainexx
Ditto thanks Elaine

Dewb xx
Old Sep 14th 2009, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Ditto thanks Elaine

Dewb xx
Your welcome,

xxElainexx