Sponsoring Parents for visit

Old Nov 22nd 2013, 1:26 am
Just Joined

Rmeow is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Sponsoring Parents for visit

Hi!

I have been trying to search all possible threads, articles, FAQs posted on the internet to find out as to how can i sponsor my parents to get a visitor visa (single / multiple entry).

Alert! - My parents are retired and have no source of income but are dependent on me. I am currently on a Silver Fern Practical Work Permit.

If in case I am deemed to be ineligible for sponsoring, can my organisation sponsor my parents in this case? Ideally looking for a multiple entry visa for them so that they can stay with me for the valid periods.

Regards,

RMeow
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 4:38 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsoring Parents for visit

Residents and citizens can sponsor their parents for multiple entry visitor visas/residency but not those on a temp visa. You must have been a Resident for three years before you can apply for residency for your parents.

They would have to apply for a visitor visa in the normal way: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rs/default.htm
Or, be able to invest significantly in NZ which doesn't sound like it is the case.