British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Sponsoring Parents Question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/sponsoring-parents-question-597737/)

NZGrl Mar 15th 2009 9:56 pm

Sponsoring Parents Question

Ive been looking into bringing my mum over to NZ to live with us here in NZ....However Ive just been looking at the NZIS website and realised that I cannot do this because she has 4 kids...3 live in the UK and 1 lives in NZ (Moi)....

Is there any other way that we can get around this....

1 brother she has not seen for 15 years and the other two don't give a crap about her...Im getting myself into a state because I don't want her to get older and be on her own over there...Id feel heaps better knowing that she could be here with us...

Any advice??

TeamEmbo Mar 15th 2009 10:45 pm

Re: Sponsoring Parents Question

From what you've said, her centre of gravity is the UK, whether she sees or gets on with her other children I don't think has any sway with NZIS.

The only way I can think of is if she were to come here with a job and work visa/permit in her own right.

I'm hoping though that someone will come along with a bright idea as I too would really love to hear from anyone that has managed to do this another way.

Paula2007 Mar 16th 2009 3:08 pm

I am going to London on Friday to hand in our application for a Parent Visa and you have to have 50% of your next of kin living in New Zealand as residents and they must have been resident for at least 3 years. Both of our children are resident in New Zealand so we fortunately have 100% of our children living there.

On the application form for a Parent Visa you have to be sponsored by the person who is already living there as a resident and they are your next of kin but also you have to prove where your other children are living - they will not take your word for it. I had to prove that my two children are living there and they had to give me income tax returns/household bills/letters from their New Zealand employers/certified copies of their residency visa that is in their passports etc. which I will have to put in with my application pack.

They only other way is if they can get a job over there and I think you have to be under 56 years of age for this.

Paula

Pinkkat75 Mar 16th 2009 7:58 pm

Please can anyone tell me if the health screening requirements are as strict for retired parents coming over to join kids who are working as useful members of a Kiwi community :) as they are for working visas/skilled migrants? My Dad has something no-one has ever heard of which requires regular medication, and has had a quadruple heart bypass :( .