Sponser question

Old Mar 12th 2008, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

CRT23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponser question

My sister will be moving across at the end of the year with her boyfriend as he has been offered a job with NZ police. I am hoping to get across next year and spend some time there to see what I think! Once she has been there 3 years would I be able to get her to sponser me to come aross?? If so would I need a job offer before I go??
Any advice would be great!
Thankyou
Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:16 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Sponser question

Hi CRT23,

Sponsorship will depend on several factors. Look at this from New Zealand Immigration Service -- To be eligible your brother, sister or adult child must have no other siblings or parents who are living lawfully and permanently in the same country in which they are living lawfully and permanently.

This means if you and your sibling's mother and/or father and any other siblings are resident in your home country you will not be eligible to come in on a family quota scheme. This is sometimes referred to as 'centre of gravity'.

Your sister will also have to show that she would be able to support you for a minimum of twenty-four months. This isn't to say that she has to support you, but that she is able to.

Good luck.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

CRT23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by happynz
Hi CRT23,

Sponsorship will depend on several factors. Look at this from New Zealand Immigration Service -- To be eligible your brother, sister or adult child must have no other siblings or parents who are living lawfully and permanently in the same country in which they are living lawfully and permanently.

This means if you and your sibling's mother and/or father and any other siblings are resident in your home country you will not be eligible to come in on a family quota scheme. This is sometimes referred to as 'centre of gravity'.

Your sister will also have to show that she would be able to support you for a minimum of twenty-four months. This isn't to say that she has to support you, but that she is able to.

Good luck.
Does this mean if she decidex to sponser me I wouldn't because I have a brother also living in the uk and my father does also?? Or does it mean that I wouldn't be able to if my brother and father were already in New Zealand????
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:00 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

If you have other siblings or your parents who are residing in the UK or outside of New Zealand then your sister cannot sponsor you for New Zealand. Your centre of gravity, in other words the majority of your closest family, must be resident in NZ.

If you are young enough , you could come out on a working holiday visa to see what you think of NZ. Should you like what you see , then you could look to making your own application provided you have the skills NZ wants.