Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

son realises I have PR and is wondering...

son realises I have PR and is wondering...

Old Dec 28th 2009, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default son realises I have PR and is wondering...

when I can sponsor him (if at all) to get residency, under the Family rules I guess?

Could we? how long after we got PR, or would we need citizenship?

Bit of info: he is 33 and a chartered accountant, have no idea if that makes a difference though. He has a long term girlfriend, who has a degree in photography. I presume, if I could ever sponsor him at some point in the future, she would then have to apply for PR under the partner rule?

Ta

Jan
Old Dec 28th 2009, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: son realises I have PR and is wondering...

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
when I can sponsor him (if at all) to get residency, under the Family rules I guess?

Bit of info: he is 33 and a chartered accountant, have no idea if that makes a difference though. He has a long term girlfriend, who has a degree in photography. I presume, if I could ever sponsor him at some point in the future, she would then have to apply for PR under the partner rule?

Ta

Jan
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ld/default.htm
Old Dec 28th 2009, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil

Ta

Jan
Chartered accountancy was on the short-term shortage list 2 years ago when we came over so he could apply in his own right without too much hassle. She would get points for a degree. There should be no problem finding a CA job in one of the big centres, especially if his experience is in professional practice.

Good luck
Alison
Old Dec 30th 2009, 9:44 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Chartered Accountant - Senior positions only (221111) is on the Immediate Shortage list

Auditor (221213, 221214) is still on the Long Term Shortage list.

In theory then, they could try applying for PR under their own steam provided they have the points. Have they been co-habiting for over a year ?

You can sponsor once you complete 3 years of PR.
Per the link that Mickey gave to you.

A sponsor must:

• be 17 years of age or over
  • be in New Zealand
  • be a New Zealand or Australian citizen or the holder of a current residence permit that is not subject to requirements under section 18A of the Immigration Act 1987
  • have been a New Zealand or Australian citizen and/or the holder of a Residence Permit or a returning resident’s visa for at least three years immediately before the date their registration is received by the New Zealand Immigration Service
  • in each of the three 12 month portions within that three-year period, have spent a total of 184 days or more in New Zealand
  • meet the minimum income requirement (unless they obtained residence in New Zealand as a refugee, or they are aged 65 years or older).
Old Dec 30th 2009, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone: it seems that if he has another parent or sibling still alive in the country where he normally lives (and he has), I can't sponsor him, but yes, I think they would easily have enough points on their own merits, now I've thought about it.

Cheers peeps

Jan