Some EOI & Visa advice please!

Old Feb 11th 2009, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

rl1986 will become famous soon enough
Default Some EOI & Visa advice please!

Hi all, i am quite new to this so please stay with me!!

Me & my parter + kids are looking to move to NZ we do not have enough points on EOI without a job offer but could get a job offer but not in my partners trade - he is a roof tiler & could get a job with his uncle doing general building in Auckland but as we would be claiming points for his trade would the subsequent job offer HAVE to be in roofing also??

Sorry if i sound confusing!

thanks
Old Feb 12th 2009, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Some EOI & Visa advice please!

Originally Posted by rl1986 View Post
Hi all, i am quite new to this so please stay with me!!

Me & my parter + kids are looking to move to NZ we do not have enough points on EOI without a job offer but could get a job offer but not in my partners trade - he is a roof tiler & could get a job with his uncle doing general building in Auckland but as we would be claiming points for his trade would the subsequent job offer HAVE to be in roofing also??

Sorry if i sound confusing!

thanks
I would say YES it does. If you are claiming points for a skill and will only have enough then the job would have to be in roofing. Could your uncle not say he was employed as a 'roofer'?
It may be a little white lie, but I'm sure as a general builder he must do roofing?
Only a thought!