British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Some advice pls on this (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/some-advice-pls-634997/)

ashaide Oct 10th 2009 9:21 pm

Some advice pls on this

I have this question on the EOI form to submit. please help as I dont understand it..

Please provide the following details about your English language ability. To find out more, see the Help for this page, or read Section SM5 of the Skilled Migrant Category Policy.

D1. Please indicate how you meet the minimum standard of English, as defined in the Guide under English Language Requirements in the section Summary of Terms. *
An IELTS Test Report with an overall band score of 6.5 or more
Study for a recognised qualification conducted entirely in English
Current skilled employment in New Zealand for 12 months or more
Otherwise meet the minimum standard, as defined in the Guide
None of the above

littleal Oct 11th 2009 2:49 am

Re: Some advice pls on this

Originally Posted by ashaide (Post 8006696)
I have this question on the EOI form to submit. please help as I dont understand it..

Please provide the following details about your English language ability. To find out more, see the Help for this page, or read Section SM5 of the Skilled Migrant Category Policy.

D1. Please indicate how you meet the minimum standard of English, as defined in the Guide under English Language Requirements in the section Summary of Terms. *
None of the above

Are you a native English speaker? I can't remember whether that was enough, or whether you have to qualify it with the fact that your qualifications are in English. Do you have English qualifications?

willand tina_h Oct 11th 2009 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by littleal (Post 8007005)
Are you a native English speaker? I can't remember whether that was enough, or whether you have to qualify it with the fact that your qualifications are in English. Do you have English qualifications?

ir you are an english native,you do not have to fill in that bit I think, we just put that we are from the uk born and still here. If Im wrong, someone will say, good luck.

Tina. x

HHBoP Oct 11th 2009 6:16 pm

Hi

I go with Will'n'tina - if you are a native english speaker u don't have to fill it in. I didn't in EOI and in letter with ITA, it specified that I didn't need to fill that part in. HTH :fingerscrossed:

Cheers

HHBop

chrisjb Oct 15th 2009 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by ashaide (Post 8006696)

None of the above

I have just lodged ITA.

With the pack they send from London Branch, you get a 'Tips for Lodging Skilled Migrant Application'

There is a section in this on English Language Ability
"if you were born in the uk or have lived your entire life in the ukyou are not required to provide evidence of your english language ability.
The same will generally apply in other countries where english is the primary language
if you were born in a country where english is not the major language please refer to guide"

hope that helps.

LukeandJo Oct 16th 2009 1:11 pm

We put down in that section that we had "studied a recognised qualification entirely in english"

Added to the fact we are British Citizens.