Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Some advice on EOI order of events please

Some advice on EOI order of events please

Old Jan 9th 2009, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

ziggi will become famous soon enoughziggi will become famous soon enough
Talking Some advice on EOI order of events please

Well, we did it; were in NZ on our Visitor visa. Been here for 6 weeks, but things have gone mad in the last 48 hr's and I need some advice please.

48 hr's ago I received a text message from a NZ friend asking me to contact her friend about a job, I did; went to meet them yesterday and this morning received a letter of offer.
During this 48 hr's my girlfriend has received a 'tip off' from a local job agent (I popped in ask about the company that has offered me a job, just to check them out) she received a call from his client to pop in and have a chat, and is having a 'working' interview as I type this (not paid, only 4 hr's and it's the norm in her trade as a Chef; she holds them in the UK all the time for her bosses) The gent who tipped her off has also rang the local Doctor to book Medical's for us, so things are moving.

Here's the thing, it's moving a LOT faster than I had thought; I haven't even lodged a EOI yet. NOT a bad thing, I just wasn't ready for job offers yet.
I know it's a good thing, BUT could anyone offer a link or advice on the order of events; not the Lodge EOI - Points pool - Offer to apply.
It's not really that order of events I'm confused with, I'm asking a bout a 'down to earth' order of events. Like, should we be getting Medicals this early? Or should we wait until EOI has been lodged, we are only just posting back to the UK our passport pics for the Police Cert; so that's 3 - 4 weeks lost?
I think we should hold off on the Medicals until we have received the Police Cert from the UK, but in the meantime lodge the EOI???????

Any advice please, thank you

Andy & Em'z
Old Jan 9th 2009, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some advice on EOI order of events please

I'm not an expert, but I would get the EOI in as soon as you can, you have applied for the police certificate, so that's one thing crossed of the llist, I would wait for your application to get 'Invited to Apply' and then I would go for the medical, the medicals only take a couple of days to get turned around and results submitted, so I don't think you will loose much time there. But in the meantime I would list all the documentation you will need to submit and start to copy birth certs and proof of relationship and qualifications etc, as that took the most time for us.

Good luck
Old Jan 11th 2009, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

the police certs and the medicals are the things to time right as they have an expiry on them - it's been a while since we did ours but I think medicals have a 3 month and police 6 month expiry (ie they have to be within those time scales when submitted with ITA) so if you do either one too soon then you'll be doing and paying for them again.
I would certainly get your EOI in - you can always submit an ITA with info to follow.
as other poster said, I would be getting all your documentation copied / certified and in order. check what you will need to submit re:qualifications - that's the one that catches a lot of people out especially if you end up having to get them NZQA assessed. I needed transcripts from my training school 20yrs post qualification"!!!!!!!!!
Good luck with it all
Vicki
Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:42 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Don't forget, if either one of you needs to start work quickly, in order to secure the job offers, you can always apply for a temporary work permit to get you through whilst you go through the EOI - ITA - PR process. It may take some pressure off.