British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Solicitors witness, (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/solicitors-witness-604927/)

Matewx Apr 22nd 2009 4:32 pm

Solicitors witness,

I have just found out that to sponsor my partner's application I need to fill the form 1146 & sign it in front of a solicitor...
Has anyone gone through this? Do I just contact any solicitor?

www.confused.com/please_help_me// :p:p:p

Thanks!

Jan n Neil Apr 22nd 2009 8:30 pm

Re: Solicitors witness,

funnily enough I just did this today:)

You need to take both forms 1015, your sponsor form 1146, and all your relationship evidence. Your passports might be helpful too. You will be asked to swear your evidence is true, and a solicitor who can act as a notary (official of the court) will countersign the form.

Not all solicitors can do this, ring and ask first.

HTH

Matewx Apr 23rd 2009 3:44 pm

Oh really?
My CO said all I need is to sign it in front of a solicitor who needs to countersign. No mention of swearin nor bringing evidences along... Hmm
Found a solicitor not far who's asking for £5, emailed 20 in total... On asked for £95+vat, and one for £56... All others in the region of £5

This is AGAIN money making in the process...

Am overdrawn coz of this immigration process!! I haven't been for years... LOL

It's all worth it in the end eh!!

Jan n Neil Apr 23rd 2009 9:03 pm

Cost me a fiver.

It does say on the form that you are swearing that the form and the evidence are true, my solicitor went through the evidence with me (albeit quickly) to make sure I thought it was true.

Matewx Apr 23rd 2009 9:06 pm

Thanks!!
Maybe I should have read the form in full first... Thanks!!
Gonna work on the evidences this weekend then... :)

Jan n Neil Apr 23rd 2009 9:12 pm

Good luck

Matewx Apr 23rd 2009 9:24 pm

Did you just post & remove & reposted?

I swear I read a different reply on my iPhone... lol

We are not married, in a same sex relationship & do not currently live together... Does it get any harder?

Here's a quick list of the evidences we want to submit:

1/ We do not currently live together, due to work commitments, he lives in London and I am in Birmingham. However we have previously lived together at two different properties and can provide tenancy agreement of our one bedroom flat we rented as well as letters from former housemates. We see each other every weekends and we commute to one another by train or I rent cars from time to time. Also planning on including a letter explaining this.
2/ We have travelled to many different places in the past years (Australia, USA, France, Italy) and will provide confirmation of flight bookings, hotel bookings and pictures.
3/ We also have letters from friends confirming our genuine & stable relationship as well as our long term plans.
4/ We will provide bank statements showing transfers from one account to another as we support each other as and when required.
5/ We would also add copy of his qualifications as he is a Mechanical Engineer and would be a great asset to the country.
6/ Now here's where am not sure AT ALL... A bit of history first: We have earlier this year gone through similar process for a 457 Business Sponsorship in Australia as in December I was offered a position in Sydney. We were both on this sponsorship and had to provide evidences as well. Unfortunately, the job offer was withdrawn shortly before we were due to travel due to the current economic climate in Australia... However the 457 Visa was approved for both of us.
I was thinking of adding copies of the approval of the 457 from the Australian immigration website? Never got to have it on our passports...

What do you reckon?

Jan n Neil Apr 24th 2009 5:26 am

Sorry yes I did just reply, and removed it as I thought I was being nosey :rofl:

Dated photos help a lot, do you have a will(s), they're very strong evidence too apparently? Apart from that you pretty much have the same evidence as us, and 2 lawyers have told us that we should be OK. The NZ Advice also says "anything else" so why not submit the Aus acceptance, it can't do any harm?

Your covering letter needs to explain your situation very carefully.

Matewx Apr 24th 2009 5:22 pm

Can you clarify what is meant by dated pictures...
All of out pictures are on my Macbook, while it automatically organises them by date, the actually doesn't actually shows...
I've called two photo shops and they told me they can't show the date when they print it...
Aghhh confused!!

Jan n Neil Apr 24th 2009 6:51 pm

We belong to a motorbike forum and all our uploaded photos and stories of our history are visible with dates of the threads.

However, I have heard that if you have sufficient photos over a time period (say years) where you have aged or changed together ;), that is quite good.

Some digital cameras can be set up to imprint dates: they will be sufficient. Notable parties, eg you both at someones 50th or a wedding, supported by other statements or evidence, etc. I thought we had no evidence when I started, and we ended up having loads. Don't worry, they are not trying to split up legit couples. They won't reject you, they will interview you.

Persephone Apr 25th 2009 6:34 am

Just a thought, would NZIS accept photo CDs? The dates would then be embedded in the properties of the pictures.

Can you clarify what is meant by dated pictures...
That could be read two different ways...:rofl:

As far as the Australian visa goes, I suppose it could count either way. They could see it as proof that your relationship was recognised and acceptable in terms of being genuine and stable even though it was for Australia. Or NZIS may wonder just how committed you both were to moving to NZ if you were applying to Oz only a few months ago. I think you'll have to decide on that one, I really don't know how it would be taken:confused:
It does sound like you've managed to get quite a bit of proof as to your relationship which is great :thumbsup:
All the best, looking forward to seeing you post that you're both over here soon:thumbup: How's the medical side of things going?
Sue:D

Matewx Apr 25th 2009 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Sue R (Post 7512580)
As far as the Australian visa goes, I suppose it could count either way.
All the best, looking forward to seeing you post that you're both over here soon:thumbup: How's the medical side of things going?
Sue:D

Sue R, you got it just right... It worries me a bit how they would see it... :unsure::unsure: OH says it can not hurt as it's not like we had it and changed our mind... It's the job offer that was withdrawn... Which I can prove with a lovely letter (not!) from the employer in Sydney.

I've submitted the translated medical report a week and half ago and am still to hear from my CO... Will try calling on Monday as employer in Auckland said they may review offer if no positive outcome by mid next week...