And so it begins

Old Jul 30th 2010, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice
Default And so it begins

Well the passports are off to London to get the visas inserted and the house goes on the market next week.

I actually feel quite sick. No doubts about emigrating and the worst bit is over ie telling my family we are definitely going. But it's now getting to the scary stage of actually having to do it.

We love our house - but it is in Lanarkshire where there has been 2 days of sunshine in July. In fact the temperature was the same as Wellington for a few days. And the dog's paw was sliced open once again thanks to a misplaced Buckfast bottle.

I doubt it will sell, but there is a good rental market for houses like ours if that fails.

We plan to come over next spring, so not really sure when to start applying for jobs.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of
Default Re: And so it begins

Originally Posted by Mrs Pointer View Post
Well the passports are off to London to get the visas inserted and the house goes on the market next week.

I actually feel quite sick. No doubts about emigrating and the worst bit is over ie telling my family we are definitely going. But it's now getting to the scary stage of actually having to do it.

We love our house - but it is in Lanarkshire where there has been 2 days of sunshine in July. In fact the temperature was the same as Wellington for a few days. And the dog's paw was sliced open once again thanks to a misplaced Buckfast bottle.

I doubt it will sell, but there is a good rental market for houses like ours if that fails.

We plan to come over next spring, so not really sure when to start applying for jobs.
just apply for jobs as soon as you can
You never know, your dream job might come up!

Good luck
Old Jul 30th 2010, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

We love our house - but it is in Lanarkshire where there has been 2 days of sunshine in July. In fact the temperature was the same as Wellington for a few days.

I thought exactly the same thing last week. I'm in Ayrshire and heading to Rotorua in just over 2 weeks, weather here, mid summer, was 13 degrees and pouring with rain, weather there was 14 degrees and sunny mid winter

What kind of jobs are you after as some are much easier to get than others I think?
Old Jul 30th 2010, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice

Originally Posted by lisamct View Post
I thought exactly the same thing last week. I'm in Ayrshire and heading to Rotorua in just over 2 weeks, weather here, mid summer, was 13 degrees and pouring with rain, weather there was 14 degrees and sunny mid winter

What kind of jobs are you after as some are much easier to get than others I think?
I work in corporate comms/public relations. I've been linked up to Seek since the start of the year and there appear to be plenty of jobs although it's hard to tell what level they're at.

It does limit us to Wellington or Auckland though but that's ok...we are aiming for Wellington. I'll get in a touch with a few agencies as well.

My OH works in health and safety....so he's coming to NZ to inflict the British nanny state on you
Old Jul 30th 2010, 5:21 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Very best of luck with it all you will be over before you know it

Dewb