SMC Visa Costs and Process

Old Mar 10th 2013, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

weejada is an unknown quantity at this point
Question SMC Visa Costs and Process

Afternoon all,

I was hoping to seek out some advice, again.

I'm planning on submitting an EOI to get a SMC residency visa. I had a few questions that I can't find answers for (still getting used to the NZ immigration site).

1) Does the cost of an EOI (NZ $510) cover both me and my partner (we have lived for 3 years together now and can easily prove this)?

2) Does the subsequent SMC visa cost (£1,200) cover both me and my partner or would she have to submit another visa application that is linked to mine?

I'm trying to get a proper picture of the costs involved with the application process so any other useful bits of info would also be appreciated.

Again thanks to all for reading and for any pointers. I must owe allot of beers by now.

Cheers!
David.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 8:33 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SMC Visa Costs and Process

Originally Posted by weejada
Afternoon all,

I was hoping to seek out some advice, again.

I'm planning on submitting an EOI to get a SMC residency visa. I had a few questions that I can't find answers for (still getting used to the NZ immigration site).

1) Does the cost of an EOI (NZ $510) cover both me and my partner (we have lived for 3 years together now and can easily prove this)?

You both apply on the same EOI so one cost only, you are the principal candidate and she is the non principal candidate. You have lived together for >12m so there won't be any problems.

2) Does the subsequent SMC visa cost (£1,200) cover both me and my partner or would she have to submit another visa application that is linked to mine?
The whole application [EOI/ITA] is for both of you. If you get a residents visa then she will get the same, no further applications required. The only thing you have to pay separately is the migrant levy which comes right at the end when you get the stickers in your passports.

I'm trying to get a proper picture of the costs involved with the application process so any other useful bits of info would also be appreciated.
Other costs would be Police checks, medicals, assessing qualifications if necessary, occupational registration if necessary, full birth certs and if I think of anything else then I'll let you know. If both are born in Britain then no need to sit IELTS so no extra cost there

Again thanks to all for reading and for any pointers. I must owe allot of beers by now.
YES PLEASE!!
Cheers!
David.

Just to add: police certificates must be less than 6 months old and medical certs less than 3 months old when you send them to INZ. It is generally best to leave the medicals until you have received an ITA just in case [especially as you are applying without a job offer]. No point having to do them twice! You can phone round your local panel doctors[list on the NZIS website] to get an idea of costs and how quickly they can fit in an appointment.

Last edited by Persephone; Mar 10th 2013 at 8:44 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 9:37 am
Just Joined

weejada is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again Persephone.

For anyone else looking I've pulled together a list of the costs (correct at 10th March 2013).

- EOI = $510
- Residency Visa = £1,200
- IELTS (if needed, thanks for clarifying this one Persephone) = £130
- NZQA qualification assessments = $404 (+ $41 extra for return postage of certificates, unless providing a prepaid envelope)
- UK Police Cert. = £45
- UK Medical = £210 (both GP check and radiologist for X-rays)

Some of the above may change depending on where you live. For example the medical can vary by different practices.

Good luck folks and thanks to all that have helped me!

Cheers!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 3:40 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

For English language ability you tick 'meet the minimum standard'. A box will appear where you write how you do meet the standard. I wrote something about being born in England to parents born in England [could have gone further back but thought this was enough!] and that all my education up to and including degree level was in England and hence in English.

Some professions need IELTS for registration purposes- if your partner is a nurse then this will be required
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

All my costs to date are on my blog. (in GBP)
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:40 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone

Just to add: police certificates must be less than 6 months old and medical certs less than 3 months old when you send them to INZ. It is generally best to leave the medicals until you have received an ITA just in case [especially as you are applying without a job offer]. No point having to do them twice! You can phone round your local panel doctors[list on the NZIS website] to get an idea of costs and how quickly they can fit in an appointment.
Just to clarify that if you have full submitted medicals for one visa (eg temp work >12mths), and there were no complicating factors then that medical is valid for 3yrs in relation to eg a PR application.