British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Smc job search visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/smc-job-search-visa-757178/)

moonie2011 May 4th 2012 4:18 pm

Smc job search visa

Hi can anyone tell me to be offered a SMC job search visa do you have to have a minimum of 100 points, the same as a EOI
Thank you

MrsFychan May 5th 2012 2:34 am

Re: Smc job search visa

All visa's have to go through the EOI process as far as I'm aware. You just need to work out which visa type you put on the application when you apply.

The EOI (expression of interest) is the only way to get into the system to have your application looked at, it is not a visa.

Some info here:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rant/overview/

Persephone May 5th 2012 3:54 am

The EOI is the form used if you want to apply for residency under the SMC only. You do not apply for any other type of visa via the EOI.

You need 100 pts just to be able to submit an EOI though this does not guarantee you will progress any further through the process. Your EOI will be withdrawn from the pool if not selected within 6m.
Once you have been selected, received and sent back an ITA and NZIS have assessed your application they then decide what visa to offer.

At this point one of three decisions will be made: application declined, resident visa issued or a SMC jobsearch visa issued.

As you can see the Jobsearch visa is not something you apply for directly, you get it if NZIS cannot offer you residency straight off and there is no reason to decline your application. Obviously yes you do need over 100pts to be offered it as otherwise your EOI would not even enter the system.
P:)

MrsFychan May 5th 2012 5:48 am

Thanks Persephone. I shall remember that in future

Persephone May 5th 2012 11:42 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10042700)
Thanks Persephone. I shall remember that in future

Very good MrsFychan. I will still expect 100 lines on my desk first thing tomorrow morning or you will be in detention for a week:eek:;)

BEVS May 9th 2012 12:39 am

Ooo. Don't say that in front of the OP. Mr and Mrs Moonie are both police officers.:lol:

Afternoon Moonie's.

I'm still thinking that your best bet is to try & secure a job offer via an NZ accredited employer. A job that will match your skills. Being accredited the employer would be free to offer you, the overseas person, the work.

moonie2011 May 11th 2012 9:10 pm

Thanks Bev, we are trying, hubby has had several interviews but nothing, despite applying and sending cvs everywhere for me, still nothingb:thumbdown:
Just getting a bit frustrated now :sad_smile:

hmlamie May 12th 2012 2:36 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10042631)
The EOI is the form used if you want to apply for residency under the SMC only. You do not apply for any other type of visa via the EOI.

You need 100 pts just to be able to submit an EOI though this does not guarantee you will progress any further through the process. Your EOI will be withdrawn from the pool if not selected within 6m.
Once you have been selected, received and sent back an ITA and NZIS have assessed your application they then decide what visa to offer.

At this point one of three decisions will be made: application declined, resident visa issued or a SMC jobsearch visa issued.

As you can see the Jobsearch visa is not something you apply for directly, you get it if NZIS cannot offer you residency straight off and there is no reason to decline your application. Obviously yes you do need over 100pts to be offered it as otherwise your EOI would not even enter the system.
P:)

What are the reasons lead the officer to give you Job search visa instead of PR?