British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   SMC EOI submitted.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/smc-eoi-submitted-795666/)

Treyarna Apr 30th 2013 11:13 pm

SMC EOI submitted....

Hi all,

We have submitted a SMC EOI we have 145 points :fingerscrossed:

The only bit I am slightly worried about is my partners work experience, although he has been working in the same trade for the last 25 years some of his ex-employers businesses have dissolved and one ex-employer has passed away so I would imagine providing proof of this work experience may prove very difficult...we do have written references from a couple of them but they are not on letter-headed paper although they do have all the employers details on them (they were allowed to be used for our work visa's).

We have a reference on letter-headed paper that covers six years (that employer is also easy to contact as he is still in business) and also my partner has worked here for over three years, so that would go over the 8 years able to be proven experience. So even if they ignore the other work history I'm thinking it should still be 140 points, does this sound correct to you guys?

Thank you :)

ellenarosemary May 1st 2013 12:34 am

Re: SMC EOI submitted....

Contact the National Insurance contributions office, you can have a print out from your first job to date which will show all the companies you have worked for. Unfortunately it wont list the addresses and only a shortened version of the company name, but will show that you worked at each one and for how long. Ring up first, they will then give you the appropriate address and the cost and write a request letter - takes a few weeks if I remember correctly.

There is a charge for this, think it was about £10 when we did it, this can then be used to prove work experience if you need it.

Treyarna May 1st 2013 12:38 am

Thank you for the reply and the information....that's good to know, I didn't realise you could do that :)

ellenarosemary May 1st 2013 2:15 am

We used this for my husbands work experience, as many of the companies he had worked for had ceased trading. I still had to get a reference from a previous company (which he left under a 'cloud' so to speak, but contacted the wife of the owner who also happened to be the company secretary) and she did a reference without telling her husband (who wouldnt have done one) - which was lucky.

Always remember you can never have too much paperwork, the more the better - that way you have some room for manoever if you need it.

Good luck.

Treyarna May 1st 2013 2:29 am

Thank you for your help I really appreciate it....My husband worked for himself for a few years so the companies I mentioned in my first post were ones he worked for up to the mid 1990's. I think we can get hold of the owner of one of the companies that has dissolved but he is in his eighties so feel a bit bad bothering him.

I'm quite excited now our status has just been updated to say we have just been selected from the pool :D