Small Update

Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Small Update

Well we are getting on with our ITA.
Police certificate applications sent Saturday.
Medicals on Tuesday.

...as I said a small update!
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:54 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Small Update

Small but quality.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

WOW that was quick Bevs! I agree though, small but moving forward. Do you know what? I am bloody nervous about Tuesday, it's quite intrusive...
Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Just wondering as we havent made it that far in the process what exactly is involved in a medical?
Old Feb 1st 2010, 6:33 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

for Tuesday. Its not so bad the worst bit for me was finding out the real truth of my BMI something I had been avoiding for years.

Its like a good M.O.T really and afterwards I was glad I had it.

But somehow because it carries a Pass you cant help but feel a bit under pressure

Dewb
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

from us too, sorry forgot to wish you good luck earlier
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you very much for the good lucks!
Were ploughing through it!!!!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Do you know what? I am bloody nervous about Tuesday, it's quite intrusive...[/QUOTE]

Know what you mean- long story but my famly and I have had 2 medicals, first was a breeze Dr never even got us to remove any clothes! well apart from the x-rays. Second time around completly different strip down to undies and every part was prodded and poked, certainly a good M.O.T for us both Even so the Dr and nurses were so nice you will be fine. for tomorrow
Chris x
Old Feb 1st 2010, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
Well we are getting on with our ITA.
Police certificate applications sent Saturday.
Medicals on Tuesday.

...as I said a small update!
Good Luck for Tuesday.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Sat having breakfast now. Jo is going through the medical forms for the uptenth time.
The practice is only down the road, so should be easy to find.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Back home after a long day!

We got to Clarendons medical practice slightly early, checked in at reception. We were given urine sample pots to wee in... off to the loo!

Our appointment was scheduled for 09:30, didnt get in until just after 10:00am which was a little annoying.

The necessary parts of the medical had been filled in by us already so we handed them over to the dr and he commenced the medical. The Dr was really nice, chit chat in between the official questions. It felt like we were having a casual conversation about our medical history.

So, we were asked about out medical history.. how much you drink, smoke, drugs, family medical history. Any health problems?listed a whole range of issues (you would know if you needed to answer yes to any) then height, weight (work out BMI!), eye test, eye and ear examination, pulse, blood pressure, reflexes, did some poking around, I (luke) had to cough!!, listen to breathing.. all very informal manor like its a routine process the Dr even said... " ohh yes theres the baby"

So the Dr stamps the forms, we wait outside while the "paper work" is being processed. We spoke to the practice manager who explained when we are likely to receive results etc, payment.... ARGH forgot cheque book (no CC guys!) no worries invoice in the post and away we went to Oaklands for my (luke) chest xray.

That was a breeze considering we were late. I had phone before hand to warn them. The radiologist was worried that the xray wasn't going to fit on the plate (6'3)... It just got on.... 60quid spent in 3 seconds! Hey the chest xray looks amazing, I had a look...!

Jo not having xray yet until baby is born, then its a trip up to Salford again to get the babys medical done.
Done for about 12, not a bad morning apart from the waiting around. Spent the rest of the day in the Trafford Centre, spot of lunch and then back home.

Another "hoop" jumped and I am sure cleared!

Last edited by LukeandJo; Feb 2nd 2010 at 6:09 pm.