Slightly confused about wtr visa.

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Question Slightly confused about wtr visa.

Ok guys, all going well, im looking to having a job offer through soon, this is with a reqcognised company. Im going to go for a wtr visa. Will i automactically be eligable for pr after two of working for them? Will the job still need to be on either the short or long term shortage list for me to qualify after two years when applying for pr?. At present the job is listed on the short term list.
I may get to grips with this soon!.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Slightly confused about wtr visa.

Originally Posted by Wessa
Ok guys, all going well, im looking to having a job offer through soon, this is with a reqcognised company. Im going to go for a wtr visa. Will i automactically be eligable for pr after two of working for them? Will the job still need to be on either the short or long term shortage list for me to qualify after two years when applying for pr?. At present the job is listed on the short term list.
I may get to grips with this soon!.

As far as I understand it, as long as you earn the $50k for 2 years, you will be eligible to apply for permanent residency, regardless of which list your job is on.

Alison
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 4:39 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya

I'm doing the same thing. Job offer from an accredited employer. After 2 years you apply for "Residence from Work" - this flows on from WTR, although after a year if your job is on the LTSSL you are entitled to apply for PR with an EOI, but it's only a year's difference and I think it might be more expensive for an EOI, not sure. We're just going to "tough out" two years at an accredited employer.
Old Oct 5th 2007, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Maz
Hiya

I'm doing the same thing. Job offer from an accredited employer. After 2 years you apply for "Residence from Work" - We're just going to "tough out" two years at an accredited employer.
Thanks maz, this how i thought it worked, just wasn't sure.
So your skills are not assed then at the end of the two years?
Old Oct 6th 2007, 7:02 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks maz, this how i thought it worked, just wasn't sure.
So your skills are not assed then at the end of the two years?
assed? Do you mean assessed? No they're not, but you need to be with the same employer, or spend some time jumping through hoops if you switch employers as your permit is fixed to the employer. This is for the primary applicant only, do note. Anyone who gets a permit on the back of yours isn't tied to an employer.

Going the WTR route is not linked to the LTSSL, while the EOI route is.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maz
assed? Do you mean assessed? No they're not, but you need to be with the same employer, or spend some time jumping through hoops if you switch employers as your permit is fixed to the employer. This is for the primary applicant only, do note. Anyone who gets a permit on the back of yours isn't tied to an employer.

Going the WTR route is not linked to the LTSSL, while the EOI route is.
Thanks maz, thats made me more confident about applying for the wtr visa. Oh, and i did mean assessed..You know how it is, long nights on the puta..
Old Oct 7th 2007, 4:02 pm
Maz

Thanks maz, thats made me more confident about applying for the wtr visa. Oh, and i did mean assessed..You know how it is, long nights on the puta..
You are most welcome and yeah I know how it is!
Old Oct 7th 2007, 4:42 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Oh, and i did mean assessed..You know how it is, long nights on the puta..
Long nights on the puta? Ai yai yai!

If I was you I'd be careful in the use of the word puta. It's a very rude Spanish word that translates as whore. Therefore when I read 'long nights on the puta' you can imagine the image that immediately sprang to mind.

Old Oct 7th 2007, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by happynz
Long nights on the puta? Ai yai yai!

If I was you I'd be careful in the use of the word puta. It's a very rude Spanish word that translates as whore. Therefore when I read 'long nights on the puta' you can imagine the image that immediately sprang to mind.

I never knew that, how funny..
I wont use that again then.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 6:25 pm
Maz

I never knew that, how funny..
I wont use that again then.
Heh heh he speaks the truth! It's like "pute" in French, short for "putain", or whore. Wonder if that's where we get "poontang" from...