skilled visa and need for job offer?

Old May 11th 2009, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

viv jones has a spectacular aura aboutviv jones has a spectacular aura aboutviv jones has a spectacular aura about
Default skilled visa and need for job offer?

Just checking with the people out there in the know...if you apply for a skilled migrant visa on the LT list you can be successful and obtain the completed visa without a job offer can't you? I am at the ITA stage and was just checking that the process can be completed...I move to NZ ...and then get a job...?
Thanks
Viv
Old May 11th 2009, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: skilled visa and need for job offer?

Originally Posted by viv jones View Post
Just checking with the people out there in the know...if you apply for a skilled migrant visa on the LT list you can be successful and obtain the completed visa without a job offer can't you? I am at the ITA stage and was just checking that the process can be completed...I move to NZ ...and then get a job...?
Thanks
Viv
Hi Viv,

Yes you can apply for a skilled migrant visa without a job offer. The job offer helps to speed things up but it is not a requirement at the ITA unless you had an job offer at the EOI stage (please correct me if this is wrong). We don't have a job offer and are nearly through the ITA stage (fingers crossed anyway!!!)

Jo
Old May 11th 2009, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

viv jones has a spectacular aura aboutviv jones has a spectacular aura aboutviv jones has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Jo
Great thanks for confirming my thoughts. Just trying to make sure there is not a hurdle they can think of for not issueing us a visa now we are past the initail stage!!! Trouble is you start to sort selling of house etc before you get the official nod!!!
Viv
Old May 11th 2009, 9:20 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Yup. You are well on your way to New Zealand by the sound of it.

Just get that house sold for real !
Old May 12th 2009, 9:33 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Well I did and I now have PR
Skilled migrant on the LTSSL, no job offer. Got PR, moved to NZ and found a job in that order!