skilled occupations

Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

JAMDON is an unknown quantity at this point
Default skilled occupations

Hi all a question about scaffolder , on the list it says national certificate but does this mean a new zealand cert because i have a British one. Would i need to take a test before i was able to work in New zealand.

Many thanks
James
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:20 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: skilled occupations

Scaffolder -ANZSCO821712 is on the New Zealand Immigration immediate shortage list . This means that an NZ employer can offer you a job if you find one.

No. You would not need to take a test. You would , however, need to prove to New Zealand Immigration that you are suitably trained and have the experience for the scaffolding work. You would do that through your overseas UK qualification certificate & proof of your on the job work experience. The training and experience you have had in the UK needs to match the same training and experience that an NZ home grown scaffolder would be given here.

What UK certificate do you hold?

Please be aware that as far as I can see Scaffolder does not appear on the Skilled Occupations listing, so you would not be able to apply to be a Permanent Resident under the skilled migrant policy.

It would be perfectly possible though, for you to come and work in New Zealand by applying for a temporary work visa once you have an NZ job offer. These visas are renewable.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hi bevs thanks for your info scaffolder is on visa bureau's skills shortage list no (84114) i will now look for a company that's looking for scaffolders.
Many thanks
James
Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:23 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

It's nothing to do with the Visa Bureau business That's NOT the official NZIS New Zealand Immigration website.

The shortages lists are on the official NZIS - HERE .

The ANZSCO number for the occupation of scaffolder is HERE
Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks BEVS i was told it was on wanted list and assumed it was legitimate.
James
Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:36 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

No worries . Let's be clear.

The Visa Bureau is a business. A company. It is up to you if you wish to employ them. There are many such businesses out there. If you want to employ an immigration advisor at all, please make sure you are dealing direct with one that is properly licensed.

NZIS is the official New Zealand immigration website. It along with The Dept of Labour decides which occupations are in shortage.

ANZSCO provides the standard classification for occupations. In other words you can't just say your an ace bod at what you do, you have to prove and match the standard.