SKilled Migration confusion

Old Oct 19th 2010, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

ozmigration is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SKilled Migration confusion

Hello, Having gone through NZ immigration website, i was wondering if there is really a PR visa without any restriction. i mean there are residence visa and work to residence, both have flaws in it, you have limitations in both of them and need to work to gain it even after landing as PR in NZ. this is kinda funny, i get PR but still i need to prove. isnt there straight PR visa like in aus, without any restriction.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 11:31 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SKilled Migration confusion

Originally Posted by ozmigration
Hello, Having gone through NZ immigration website, i was wondering if there is really a PR visa without any restriction. i mean there are residence visa and work to residence, both have flaws in it, you have limitations in both of them and need to work to gain it even after landing as PR in NZ. this is kinda funny, i get PR but still i need to prove. isnt there straight PR visa like in aus, without any restriction.
You´ve misunderstood. NZ immigration is points based, if you qualify for enough points to pass the PR criteria without a job offer then you can just apply and arrive, no restrictions on who, what or where you work.

Or do you mean other kinds of restrictions???
Old Oct 20th 2010, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

ozmigration is an unknown quantity at this point

ya, i mean other restriction realting to the visa only. like i read in immi nz site that for both skilled visa, residence or work to residence, you have to be in job for 3 months not leave that job and so on. i mean if i have enough points and i am given residence visa, thata should be all. why residence visa needs to be in that work for limited time and prove?
Old Oct 20th 2010, 5:15 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozmigration
ya, i mean other restriction realting to the visa only. like i read in immi nz site that for both skilled visa, residence or work to residence, you have to be in job for 3 months not leave that job and so on. i mean if i have enough points and i am given residence visa, thata should be all. why residence visa needs to be in that work for limited time and prove?
If your residency came from points that required a job offer it seems reasonable to require you to work at that job for a short period to confirm the intent to work is genuine (amongst other things).

If you have enough points without a job offer and apply on that basis then you won't have any restrictions.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:36 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

And why shouldn't there be restrictions. From my understanding, NZ want people who will contribute to their country/economy.

If you're just planning on coming over here and then not working (ie paying taxes), why should they want you?

But yeah, my understanding is that if you can claim enough points without points for job offer/already having a skilled job, then there would be no restrictions on the visa.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:55 am
It is what it is Member

I guess he doesn't have enough points without a job offer otherwise it wouldn't be an issue...?