Skilled Migrant Visa Cost?

Old Jan 25th 2018, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

tinalouie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled Migrant Visa Cost?

Hi I am planning on filling out the the EOI with a view to being granted a skilled migrant visa? does anyone know how much it costs if you do all the form filling yourself? or can anyone recommend a good agency with a good success rate and what their fees are inn comparison. Not planning the move for 18 months so plenty of time.
Many thanks
Old Jan 25th 2018, 10:15 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Migrant Visa Cost?

Look here for fees - it depends on your circumstances:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...nd-fees-finder

Agencies add $$$ for generally no benefit (unless you are struggling with the process/forms in which case just ask here for free), all the attributes necessary for the visa and whether you qualify are yours, not the agencies so their success rate is meaningless even if they told you...

Have you filled in the points indicator yet? How did you score?
Old Jan 26th 2018, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Thanks you for your reply Simonsi. Very helpful ... I scored 110 as I am 48 so no many for my age :-(
Do you think it is enough?
Old Jan 26th 2018, 9:01 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tinalouie
Thanks you for your reply Simonsi. Very helpful ... I scored 110 as I am 48 so no many for my age :-(
Current figure is 160 to be drawn I believe, not sure how many you get for a job offer but even if 50 it would be close but enough if the 110 are solid points.
Old Jan 26th 2018, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Yes they are solid points, on the points indicator it says a minimum of 100 so worth applying. I prefer to get the visa before applying for a job as most jobs on seek say must be NZ resident or have a NZ visa. Plus I don't want to give up our job security here for a two year work visa.
Old Jan 26th 2018, 8:04 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they are solid points, on the points indicator it says a minimum of 100 so worth applying. I prefer to get the visa before applying for a job as most jobs on seek say must be NZ resident or have a NZ visa. Plus I don't want to give up our job security here for a two year work visa.
NO its not, from Oct 2016 nothing under 160 is being picked,(you can check this be looking at the selection data for each month) you will be wasting your money. I have mentioned to Immigration that leaving that 100 points into pool should be removed and they basically said people need to be reading all the criteria/information before applying. just their way of getting money knowing that they will not have to take the process any further as it will just sit there for 6 months and then be taken out.

Last edited by MrsFychan; Jan 26th 2018 at 8:11 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2018, 8:08 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

scored 110 as I am 48 so no many for my age :-(
No.

Rethink time for you .
If you wishing to apply for a resident visa under the skilled migrant category then you really need 160 points or more , preferably with a job offer attached.

At 110 points with no job you don't stand a chance .

Come back to us with your skilled occupation , quals, work exp and we can maybe give you a thought or two on your job offer chances in this current NZ climate.

Last selection

Last edited by BEVS; Jan 26th 2018 at 8:11 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2018, 8:28 pm
It is what it is Member

The 100 minimum is just to submit an EOI into the pool. It <will not> be selected from the pool unless you obtain 160pts or greater. You would need a job offer to achieve that so visa first and worry about a job offer later just isn't an option for you I'm afraid and as above its a waste of money submitting an EOI that won't ever be selected.

If you obtain a job offer and have 160pts then you can submit an EOI and likely it will be selected on the next round a few weeks later.

As BEVS says, more info and you'll get better/further advice on your potential options.
Old Jan 27th 2018, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.
100 points on the EOI is where SMC eligibility starts. Doesn't mean you will be selected. Just means you have enough points to submit the EOI with a minimum 100.
Government Immigration rules since October 2016 increased the points where automatic EOI selection is made from the EOI pool. This lifted the EOI score to a minimum of 160 points AND the new rules also removed all manual EOI selections, so even if there is room for more EOI selections in that fortnight, no more will be selected as only the automatic selections are taken now.
In August 2017 the Government Immigration rules were amended again and even though the minimum EOI points of 160 remains for automatic selection, the application MUST also have one of these :-
(1) A skilled permanent written job offer in NZ from an NZ employer.
(2) At least 2 years of qualifying study in NZ.
(3) At least 2 years skilled employment work experience in NZ.

If you meet the 160 but don't have one of the above 3 attributes you will not be granted RV. The best you could hope for would be a job search visa for the principal applicant only.

Do not submit EOI if you don't have a solid 160 points. Waste of time and money.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Thank you so much for all your answers ... and for saving my money !! Much appreciated :-)
Do you recommend I go through 'Skills in Demand' whom I saw last year at the NZ show in Manchester? They said they could get me a job offer. Has anyone used these?
Old Jan 29th 2018, 9:18 am
It is what it is Member

Thank you so much for all your answers ... and for saving my money !! Much appreciated :-)
Do you recommend I go through 'Skills in Demand' whom I saw last year at the NZ show in Manchester? They said they could get me a job offer. Has anyone used these?
Agencies have a poor rep on here - what job were they saying they could get you and working for who?
Old Jan 29th 2018, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

I was only enquiring at the time as I was a way off moving back then but they said as long as I had the CIMA accouting qualification they could get me a job offer. They gave me their card and said when I was ready to look for work to contact them. i have also spoken with Borey Chum following a webinar who asseseed my cv and said I may be eligibel to work in NZ but he wanted £150 to process my application. I wont be able to start looking for work until March next year as I have to wait for my son to finish his exams next year and then I will be free :-) ... He will also need an apprenticeship in NZ if I get work.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 5:28 pm
It is what it is Member

If you look here:

Management Accountant Visa Options – Skill Shortage Lists, Immigration New Zealand

So not on any skills shortage lists but it is recognised as skilled. Also read this

http://www.cimaglobal.com/Documents/...Mar%202015.pdf

If you haven't already - from it: "Both the NZQA and the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants (NZICA) judge the CIMA professional qualification to be the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree. It is worth 50 points on the EOI (Level 7) and is perceived to be the equivalent of a New Zealand University Degree when it comes to exemptions."

Look on seek.co.nz for management accountant jobs - trick will be you won't uplift a visa without a job offer as far as I can see and the role isn't on any shortage lists so that will be your challenge.

What age is son? What field apprenticeship does he want?
Old Jan 29th 2018, 6:14 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

sorry but how do they say they will get you a job?? what is they are doing that the rest of hopefuls aren't.?
Old Jan 29th 2018, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

I see now its obviously a way of getting money for the application fee (£150)and giving false hope. its the old chestnut of selling the dream ... So glad I researched further on here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.