British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Skilled Migrant so far (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/skilled-migrant-so-far-848636/)

LauraNotts Dec 11th 2014 9:51 am

Skilled Migrant so far

I know how hungry everyone is for timelines when sorting their visa out so here's a wee update for y'all. Timeline before this is in my sig. I'm currently here on an Essential Skills visa, have been in my job 9 months and have a valid medical.

I've submitted my application to Christchurch Branch. It took approximately 2 days to go to Lodgement date from just pending. On the same day I got an email to come and collect all my documents back which I have now done.

I also have a letter with my documents telling me I now have sn estimated wait of 7-9months for a case officer. Confusingly they also say to contact them in 6 weeks if I haven't heard from them. So that is where it stands at present.

Timmy Chch Dec 17th 2014 7:19 am

Re: Skilled Migrant so far

Yep, ditto. Was 2 days behind you handing in and been given same timelines etc. still think we are better off getting in before the '1 last Christmas in England then head over in new year' applicants! Very much hoping the 7-9 months (for CO) is conservative, even the 4-6 months they quote on website is so long away but what will be will be

LauraNotts Jan 19th 2015 10:14 pm

Just a quick update. Rang immigration today and got an apologetic man who said the initial 'ring us in 6 weeks' is generic and I should disregard it. I was advised (as expected) that I am still in the queue and have at least an additional 6 month wait to be allocated.

LauraNotts Feb 11th 2015 1:04 am

So I just got a call from my CO :D my application now has an officer. Way faster than I thought. She just called to introduce herself and said she'd be doing an initial assessment on my application tomorrow and to expect an email. Heee

LauraNotts Feb 13th 2015 12:44 pm

Email arrived on the 12th, just a few queries about my application.

They needed to verify my job by emailing my boss, I had to provide IRD tax summaries from online which was really easy and then 2 months worth of payslips. Also is a query about referring my medical because of my asthma but since I don't need inhalers day to day I am completely unstressed about that.

As a general heads up for fellow single applicants do not do what I did and assume that if you dont have a partner or kids on your application you don't need to submit those pages of your ITA. I have had to post 25 blank pages to them.

Pom_Chch Feb 14th 2015 1:47 am

:drinkwine: Yipeeeee! Hope it all goes well from here, keep us updated...

PS - pickled onion monster munch supply depleted within a couple of weeks. Galaxy still going strong, gradually going down one square at a time!

LauraNotts Feb 16th 2015 12:19 am

Okay good news, case officer has emailed me to say she's recieved everything I was asked to send to her.

Only thing she has to do now (afaik) is check over my existing medical to make sure the doc supports what I told her about my asthma. As I say I am completely unfussed about the outcome of this. I don't use preventative inhalers really at all. Last prescription I had must've been when I was in Timaru over a year ago. Just climbing the walls waiting for the slooooow cogs to turn as the certificate has to be moved from Christchurch up to Auckland. C'mon already!!!

LauraNotts Feb 18th 2015 6:22 pm

Good news - heard from case officer this morning. Don't need a medical referral or rather 'looks like a referral won't be needed' so they've said the next step is 'to progress my application in the next week or so'. I am trying to contain my hope and excitement. Anyone know exactly what this means? I am hoping it might mean second check...

MrsFychan Feb 18th 2015 7:30 pm

thats great.
once our case officer had made her decision she let us know that she was recommending approval and that the file was being sent off for the secondary checks. might be something she just did or might be the norm. also ours was out of UK before we transferred it over to get the stamps in the passport so also could be something the UK office did.
lets hope they don't keep it to long now

Persephone Feb 18th 2015 11:23 pm

Great news Laura! Hopefully you'll be a fully fledged resident soon:fingerscrossed:

LauraNotts Feb 19th 2015 8:02 pm

Online status just changed to approved. In the terminal of Christchurch airport on my way to NZ vs Eng. Think they really wanted to make sure I'd support the right team ;)

j19fmm Feb 20th 2015 7:02 am

Originally Posted by LauraNotts (Post 11570467)
Online status just changed to approved. In the terminal of Christchurch airport on my way to NZ vs Eng. Think they really wanted to make sure I'd support the right team ;)

Woohoo! Feels good doesn't it?!

LauraNotts Feb 21st 2015 7:44 am

It feels EXCELLENT :) I must have looked at it about three times yesterday and just grinned ear to ear.

Bit weird though, I emailed my case officer back when she let me know about the medical not needing to be referred and asked her what the next step would be. She replied that she'd do more verification and contact me if anything else was required. The next day I got the online change to approve at 10:30am and nothing else from her all day. I'd have thought they'd let you know once they decide.

j19fmm Feb 22nd 2015 1:54 am

Originally Posted by LauraNotts (Post 11571763)
It feels EXCELLENT :) I must have looked at it about three times yesterday and just grinned ear to ear.

Bit weird though, I emailed my case officer back when she let me know about the medical not needing to be referred and asked her what the next step would be. She replied that she'd do more verification and contact me if anything else was required. The next day I got the online change to approve at 10:30am and nothing else from her all day. I'd have thought they'd let you know once they decide.

We got an email first saying your status has changed go on line to check...moments of panic..would it be good or bad!!
I kept looking at it and asking OH if he thought it was really over!!!

LauraNotts Feb 23rd 2015 5:28 am

My Approval in Principle arrived today :) I am planning on printing everything out and dropping it at the Christchurch Branch tomorrow. It says on the letter INZ won't make personal appointments to hand documents in but I am going to ask if I can wait for it to be finished on that day. Will let everyone know what they say.