Skilled Migrant Question

Old Jan 4th 2015, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute
Question Skilled Migrant Question

If an SMC visa was given to an applicant who didn't have a job offer (I know the chances are unicorn poop level) what happens afterwards please? I've read mention of stickers, validation and actually entering NZ to take up work.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Migrant Question

That was us. We paid the migrant levy, got our entry stickers, and came over within a year of getting them. That entry date was the start of our two year RRV period.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Janie. MrH has 135 points with 15 for skills shortage. We were looking over the holiday and we know the chances are decreasing exponentially but, even last year, there was one month where these types of EOIs were selected from the pool. If we could gain visas without a job offer it would give us time and more likelihood of finding jobs, sell up and travel over. We were both given money for Christmas and are debating using it to buy ourselves the 'present' of submitting an EOI (twice) to cover the year 2015.
It would be brilliant if we could gain visas then spend 6-12 months doing the actual job finding and move.
Old Jan 5th 2015, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

darbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud of

If there is a skill shortage involved, you may be surprised at how long an employer will keep a job offer open for. My husband for example was offered a job in October, which we then used to get the visa (we went for a work visa in the end as it was quicker) but he doesn't actually start until February.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute

We applied for quite a few jobs before we came, but didn't get shortlisted, probably because we weren't over yet. I got a job within two days of arriving, my other half got one six weeks later. I've heard it said that employers want to know you're serious about coming over, so disregard overseas applications, even with visas. Then again, as Darbydoo pointed out, employers with a shortage might be the opposite.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. We secured Resident Visa's via SMC without job offers but with 150 points so automatically selected.
It wasn't until we had the visa's in hand that I actually started applying for jobs and it didn't take long to secure one.
Applied late Nov 2012, interviewed and contract signed mid December and started mid March....the start date was actually open to negotiation and March was when I decided given we had already booked shipping and flights etc even before I'd landed a job.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to do some reading about costs and documentation then MrH and I will decide to submit an EOI this weekend. I think it's looking likely to be a yes. We'll then trust to the universe that we'll be selected if we're meant to be.

Sadly if we were 2yrs younger we'd have 140 points for automatic selection but we're skirting close to age limits now.
Old Jan 6th 2015, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

darbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud of

Good luck!

If you do end up applying for jobs before leaving, just state in your cover letters that you are in the late stages of obtaining a visa. Lots of employers don't have a clue about immigration issues, so stating that you've done this bit yourself will give them more confidence and show that you're serious about the move.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

frustratingly I now can't total our points to be over 130 so I'm going to have a rummage through the filing cabinet this weekend and see why we had 135 in November 2013 yet I can't make it that now. I'm wondering what might have changed on the form or I'm getting wrong.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

This is what I had in November 2013. Going in husband as first applicant and me as spouse.

Do you have an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand? NO

Is your work... areas of absolute skills shortage? Yes

Is your work or offer of employment for a location outside of Auckland in New Zealand? Whilst we hope it will be due to housing costs I'm guessing we can't claim points for this without an actual offer

Do you have a recognised qualification? (level 7 or 8) YES

Do you have a qualification in any one of New Zealand's areas of absolute skills shortage? YES

Number of years of relevant work experience (anywhere) 10+ (actually nearer 30!)

Number of years work experience in any one of New Zealand's areas of absolute skills shortage ? 6yrs

Was the work experience gained in a comparable labour market? Yes

What is your current age? 50-55

Do you have a partner? Yes

Would your partner have the required English proficiency to qualify as a principal applicant? Yes

Does your partner have a recognised qualification ? (level 7, 8, 9 or 10) Yes
Old Jan 13th 2015, 1:39 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I also got residency without a job offer, as long as you have the points then it is no less likely than those with a job offer. Just takes longer. I came over, found a job and my employer was willing to wait 4 months for me to start.

Originally Posted by Hazelnut
This is what I had in November 2013. Going in husband as first applicant and me as spouse.

Do you have an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand? NO

Is your work... areas of absolute skills shortage? Yes

Is your work or offer of employment for a location outside of Auckland in New Zealand? Whilst we hope it will be due to housing costs I'm guessing we can't claim points for this without an actual offer
You are correct.

Do you have a recognised qualification? (level 7 or 8) YES
50 points

Do you have a qualification in any one of New Zealand's areas of absolute skills shortage? YES
10 pts

Number of years of relevant work experience (anywhere) 10+ (actually nearer 30!)30 pts

Number of years work experience in any one of New Zealand's areas of absolute skills shortage ? 6yrs
15 pts

Was the work experience gained in a comparable labour market? Yes

What is your current age? 50-55
5 pts

Do you have a partner? Yes

Would your partner have the required English proficiency to qualify as a principal applicant? Yes

Does your partner have a recognised qualification ? (level 7, 8, 9 or 10) Yes20 pts
I can't see what you've missed Bugger
Old May 6th 2015, 7:44 am
Just Joined

twcdouglas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Hazelnut,

I'd be interested to hear how you have got on since January?

I am in the process of filling out my EOI now and have 155pts without a job offer. My soon-to-be wife has a Social Psychology degree that I have claimed for and a teaching degree that I haven't as it needs to go through NZQA and I thought with 155pts we can submit the EOI without this. Thoughts on this would be appreciated from anyone!

Cheers,

Tom
Old May 7th 2015, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

To update we're still plodding on but it's definite that we need a job offer for Mr Hazelnut before it's worth submitting an EOI. We have paperwork rumbling on in the background as MrH needs to finish his chartership here to be automatically added to professional register in NZ, without that he can't take up a job. It's a catch22 of needing a job to obtain a visa and registration but needing a visa to obtain a job. We have lost points due to our ages.
I'm half way through obtaining qualifications for a new career as my existing one is as dead in NZ as it is in the UK.
Old May 18th 2015, 10:02 am
Just Joined

AftabAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope everyone doing well and enjoying their life.

I have recently done my IQA which indicated that my Bachelor of Computer Science 4 year program is equivalent to Bachelor of Computer and Information Sciences at Level 7 (360 Credits) in New Zealand which lies under the area of absolute shortage skills on the ANZSCO LIST. I have 6 years of experience as a Software Developer.

My query is regarding LTSSL points, can i claim bonus points for
> 1) Work in an area of absolute skills shortage?
> 2) Work in an identified future growth area?
> 3) Qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage?
> 4) Qualification in an identified future growth area?

Your valuable responses are highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old May 18th 2015, 10:17 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AftabAK
My query is regarding LTSSL points, can i claim bonus points for
> 1) Work in an area of absolute skills shortage?
> 2) Work in an identified future growth area?
> 3) Qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage?
> 4) Qualification in an identified future growth area?

Your valuable responses are highly appreciated.

Thanks
Please see the sticky above (http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...d-pool-810756/)

it highlights the criteria for claiming points

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.