British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Skilled Migrant Partner (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/skilled-migrant-partner-803079/)

KayleighandCraigNZ13 Jul 16th 2013 2:34 pm

Skilled Migrant Partner

Hi Guys,

I have posted a few threads recently however none that relates directly to the SMC application process. My fiancee and i have been together now for almost 9 years. We are both 24. My fiancee has been a staff nurse for 3 years now and also has a nursing degree. My fiancee has checked and she falls under the SMC for Nurse. With reference to myself i worked in the UK civil service for 5 years before attending university (which i have justed graduated from with a History degree). Our points total exceeds that required for a EOI quite comfartably. Now our living situation has been a little complicated. We have lived together for over 12 months (as stated by the de facto partner advice on the NZ website) however this has been in a house owned by my fiancee's parents and we in essence paid money to them. I was just wondering if anybody had any experiences with the evidence that NZ immigration ask for when it comes to claiming to be a de facto partner. We are coming over NZ on a WHV in September however i am trying to compile as much information as possible prior to our departure should we decide to place and EOI when over in NZ. Hopefully the compilation of such information will make any application smoother. One final thing, what is the cost for a SMC EOI?

Thanks for your time

Craig

Persephone Jul 16th 2013 6:42 pm

Re: Skilled Migrant Partner

Hi there
You need to prove you are living together for at least 12months so you need to collect together anything that proves you reside in the same house.
It sounds like you might not have a rental agreement given the circumstances so you need things like bills, bank statements and letters addressed to each of you at that address.

Evidence about whether the partnership is genuine and stable may include but is not limited to, original or certified copies of documents and any other information such as:
i a marriage certificate for the parties;
ii a civil union certificate for the parties;
iii birth certificates of any children of the parties;
iv evidence of communication between the parties;
v photographs of the parties together;
vi documents indicating public recognition of the partnership;
vii evidence of the parties being committed to each other both emotionally and exclusively such as evidence of:
 joint decision making and plans together
 sharing of parental obligations
 sharing of household activities
 sharing of companionship/spare time
 sharing of leisure and social activities
 presentation by the parties to outsiders as a couple.
viii evidence of being financially interdependent such as evidence of shared income
joint bank accounts operated reasonably frequently over a reasonable time
joint assets
joint liabilities such as loans or credit to purchase real estate, cars, major home appliances
joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, water, telephone)
mutually agreed financial arrangements.
The cost of an online EOI is NZ$510 and the cost of the ITA which is the next stage in the process is NZ$1,810

Re points totals: 140pts or more is an automatic selection at each draw. Currently anyone with less than 140 pts will only be selected if they have a job offer attached to the EOI. From previous posts I get the impression that you will be applying with a job offer so you should be ok. Just wanted to make the point that just being able to submit an EOI [ie 100pts or more] does not necessarily mean you have a good chance of selection:)

M_and_M Jul 18th 2013 8:10 pm

Re: Skilled Migrant Partner

See my blog for all the totals for costs involved - I moved this April.