British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Skilled migrant EOI....a few queries? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/skilled-migrant-eoi-few-queries-897027/)

CatLady1234 May 21st 2017 1:46 pm

Skilled migrant EOI....a few queries?

Hi there,

I'm going to apply for a skilled migrant visa for New Zealand.

I'm a nurse, and just waiting for my new zealand nursing registration to be granted, and to then receive a job offer, and I wil submit my EOI.

I have a couple of queries regarding the EOI form for the skilled migrant visa.
In the part about Family, where it says to list all family members, for me where I am applying and moving to New Zealand on my own, do I still need to list my family members?

The other part I'm unsure about is the Work Experience part. I have worked as a nurse since 2012-am I right in thinking then that in this part I include all my previous employment history?

Thank you very much, hope you can help :fingerscrossed:

inkedneonurse May 22nd 2017 9:05 am

Re: Skilled migrant EOI....a few queries?

Originally Posted by CatLady1234 (Post 12257221)
Hi there,

I'm going to apply for a skilled migrant visa for New Zealand.

I'm a nurse, and just waiting for my new zealand nursing registration to be granted, and to then receive a job offer, and I wil submit my EOI.

I have a couple of queries regarding the EOI form for the skilled migrant visa.
In the part about Family, where it says to list all family members, for me where I am applying and moving to New Zealand on my own, do I still need to list my family members?

The other part I'm unsure about is the Work Experience part. I have worked as a nurse since 2012-am I right in thinking then that in this part I include all my previous employment history?

Thank you very much, hope you can help :fingerscrossed:

Hello

The family bit is all your living family not included in your application(mum,dad,grandparents,
Siblings, no matter if they are step,half or blood). For work experience it is anything relevant to you current job and offer, so for example I'm and ex army medic and I was medical staff at legoland, I have included these on my application as they have given me skills which are relevant and have led directly to my current job....my time as a waiter in a pub was not lol so it wasn't included.

Hope that helps good luck

CatLady1234 May 22nd 2017 11:29 am

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse (Post 12257632)
Hello

The family bit is all your living family not included in your application(mum,dad,grandparents,
Siblings, no matter if they are step,half or blood). For work experience it is anything relevant to you current job and offer, so for example I'm and ex army medic and I was medical staff at legoland, I have included these on my application as they have given me skills which are relevant and have led directly to my current job....my time as a waiter in a pub was not lol so it wasn't included.

Hope that helps good luck

Thank you for your reply. That is very helpful! So for family I must still include then even if they aren't on my application. Would this be aunties uncles and cousins too? I have two half brothers I have no contact with anymore. Might be hard for me to include their info but they still need to be on there?
I'm a nurse. So for work experience I will list all my previous nursing jobs then?
Thanks a lot!

inkedneonurse May 22nd 2017 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by CatLady1234 (Post 12257692)
Thank you for your reply. That is very helpful! So for family I must still include then even if they aren't on my application. Would this be aunties uncles and cousins too? I have two half brothers I have no contact with anymore. Might be hard for me to include their info but they still need to be on there?
I'm a nurse. So for work experience I will list all my previous nursing jobs then?
Thanks a lot!

No just parents, children and siblings (is does stipulate half siblings as well as I have a half sister and brother included) you just need their names and dates of birth. Indeed all previous nursing jobs need to go on there as skilled experience

CatLady1234 May 22nd 2017 6:49 pm

Thank you....much appreciated! :thumbsup: