British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Skilled Migrant Category (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/skilled-migrant-category-667106/)

prabakaran May 6th 2010 10:14 am

Skilled Migrant Category

I am prabakaran ponnambalam from India. I have applied reisdence under skilled migrant category without job offer for New zealand on march11th 2010 Two months got over. I need information how shall i get the job offer for New zealand from India. So please can any one can help me to get the right information.

I have seen shelloid got job offer after submitting his residence for Newzealand.

I would appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Prabakaran.P

lida16 May 6th 2010 12:11 pm

Re: Skilled Migrant Category

Hi prabakaran,

I don't know your field of work but the good sites for searching possible jobs in NZ are :

www.trademe.co.nz
www.seek.co.nz
www.nzherald.co.nz

There are a lot of recruiting agencies that advertise jobs but it depends about your profession which one to look at.

Hope I helped a bit. I am sure someone will come up with more info for you.

Good luck with your application and job hunting.

Cheers

prabakaran May 6th 2010 1:21 pm

thx for the information. I know all the sites which you provide. I looking for some appropriate consultant to provide the job OPP.

Thanks for sending the immediate response.

I am basically from software field. I have around 5 years of experience in CMMI level 5 companies.

Could anyone can tell the promt consultant/ guidance to get the job in newzealand.

Thanks for your response.

chrisjb May 8th 2010 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by prabakaran (Post 8546486)
I am prabakaran ponnambalam from India. I have applied reisdence under skilled migrant category without job offer for New zealand on march11th 2010 Two months got over. I need information how shall i get the job offer for New zealand from India. So please can any one can help me to get the right information.

I have seen shelloid got job offer after submitting his residence for Newzealand.

I would appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Prabakaran.P

Have you started applying for any jobs in New Zealand ?

If you are offered a job in NZ before you get a Visa, I understand that if you let you local NZ Embassy /Consulate branch know, they can review your application and try to speed it up (if the job is in the category you have applied under).

I have got a Skilled Work Visa without a job offer. I am going out in September so will try to get work just before or when i arrive.

shelloid May 8th 2010 9:40 pm

Hi,
I think it depends on the field of work that you're in. I am a pharmacist and I looked for work on the district health board websites. As luck had it there was a job advertised in the hospital I wanted, so I applied direct to the hospital.

But, like I say it really depends on the sort of role that you are after. Healthcare jobs tend to get advertised on the DHB websites, rather than through agencies in my experience.
My partner is currently looking for work in the finance field and he found that no-one would really talk to him, let alone look at his CV, until he was in NZ. For his line of work it is very much through agencies as well as applying to banks direct. But he's finding it quite difficult to get work.

The websites that lida mentioned are you best starting points.

Hope this helps.

BEVS May 9th 2010 6:45 am

Originally Posted by prabakaran (Post 8546888)
t

Could anyone can tell the promt consultant/ guidance to get the job in newzealand.

I don't understand this sentence. What does it mean please?

If you mean you want to find recruitment consultants, then the best bet really is to go through the NZ yellow pages and send a CV to all the relevant agencies.

prabakaran May 10th 2010 10:20 am

Originally Posted by chrisjb (Post 8551921)
Have you started applying for any jobs in New Zealand ?

If you are offered a job in NZ before you get a Visa, I understand that if you let you local NZ Embassy /Consulate branch know, they can review your application and try to speed it up (if the job is in the category you have applied under).

I have got a Skilled Work Visa without a job offer. I am going out in September so will try to get work just before or when i arrive.

Hi,

Yes. I have started appluing the jobs, but everybody is looking for the ople whose in NZ. How long it tool for you to get skilled wprk visa without Job offer.
So i am keep on trying for job. If any one knows any Job opp please let me know. I have around 5 years of exp in IT.

I have applied residence 2 months before.

Originally Posted by shelloid (Post 8552098)
Hi,
I think it depends on the field of work that you're in. I am a pharmacist and I looked for work on the district health board websites. As luck had it there was a job advertised in the hospital I wanted, so I applied direct to the hospital.

But, like I say it really depends on the sort of role that you are after. Healthcare jobs tend to get advertised on the DHB websites, rather than through agencies in my experience.
My partner is currently looking for work in the finance field and he found that no-one would really talk to him, let alone look at his CV, until he was in NZ. For his line of work it is very much through agencies as well as applying to banks direct. But he's finding it quite difficult to get work.

The websites that lida mentioned are you best starting points.

Hope this helps.

Yes. I have started applying but the expectation should be the people belongs to NZ. I am IT background and also looking for IT jobs.
If you know any of the consultant or some job sites that will be veru helpful to me.

Thanks for the information.

Originally Posted by prabakaran (Post 8554855)
Yes. I have started applying but the expectation should be the people belongs to NZ. I am IT background and also looking for IT jobs.
If you know any of the consultant or some job sites that will be veru helpful to me.

Any idea how long will take for processing without job offer skilled migrant category visa?

chrisjb May 10th 2010 10:49 am

Originally Posted by prabakaran (Post 8554848)
Hi,

Yes. I have started appluing the jobs, but everybody is looking for the ople whose in NZ. How long it tool for you to get skilled wprk visa without Job offer.
So i am keep on trying for job. If any one knows any Job opp please let me know. I have around 5 years of exp in IT.

I have applied residence 2 months before.

This is my timeline,
everyone is different depending on circumstances, but think this is fairly typical.

EOI submitted (125pt) 12/06/09
EOI selected 17/06/09

ITA recieved 22/07/09
ITA submitted 02/10/09

'(I took from 22 Jul to 02 Oct to complete medicals and get all my evidence, you may be able to do this quicker)

From when ITA is submitted to CO assigned , in UK is about 3 -4 months. If during this time you get a job offer and you inform them, they may be able to prioritise your application and assign CO sooner.

CO assigned 02/02/10
At this point I just had to provide some more relatationship evidence. depending on what you sent for ITA submission, then there may be more questions at this point.

Phone Interview 08/02/10
Again, my interview was ok, but there may be other queries at this point depending on individual cases.

APPROVED 09/02/10

From this point you just need to send in passports and then go when you want to search for job if you don't have one.

you can look around at peoples signatures, as many have their timelines on, this should give you an idea.

prabakaran May 10th 2010 11:28 am

Originally Posted by chrisjb (Post 8554897)
This is my timeline,
everyone is different depending on circumstances, but think this is fairly typical.

EOI submitted (125pt) 12/06/09
EOI selected 17/06/09

ITA recieved 22/07/09
ITA submitted 02/10/09

'(I took from 22 Jul to 02 Oct to complete medicals and get all my evidence, you may be able to do this quicker)

From when ITA is submitted to CO assigned , in UK is about 3 -4 months. If during this time you get a job offer and you inform them, they may be able to prioritise your application and assign CO sooner.

CO assigned 02/02/10
At this point I just had to provide some more relatationship evidence. depending on what you sent for ITA submission, then there may be more questions at this point.

Phone Interview 08/02/10
Again, my interview was ok, but there may be other queries at this point depending on individual cases.

APPROVED 09/02/10

From this point you just need to send in passports and then go when you want to search for job if you don't have one.

you can look around at peoples signatures, as many have their timelines on, this should give you an idea.

I have applied EOI on 5 sep 2009 and got selected on 09 sept.

Received ITA on Nov 27 2009 and applied ITA on Mar 11 2010.
Now i am waiting for approval. I hope in a month time i will get a call from the officer as per your case.

I have started doing the job search, I have to wait on see.

Thanks,
Prabakaran.P