Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Skilled Migrant Application from Working Holiday Visa

Skilled Migrant Application from Working Holiday Visa

Old Feb 25th 2014, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

SteffanJohnAus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled Migrant Application from Working Holiday Visa

Couple of questions...

1) Can you apply for skilled migrant visa from a working holiday visa?

2) Would 130 points with a job be a safe bet for getting selected? I understand that 140 is automatically selected and then those between 100-140 are then selected? Is it only the highest scoring application in that bracket that get picked? Or would you definately get through with 130 with a job offer?

3) Can you apply for an interim visa that will allow you to continue working if your working holiday visa runs out whilst you have lodged an application for skilled migrant visa?
Old Feb 25th 2014, 4:06 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Migrant Application from Working Holiday Visa

Originally Posted by SteffanJohnAus View Post
Couple of questions...

1) Can you apply for skilled migrant visa from a working holiday visa?

Yes

2) Would 130 points with a job be a safe bet for getting selected? I understand that 140 is automatically selected and then those between 100-140 are then selected? Is it only the highest scoring application in that bracket that get picked? Or would you definately get through with 130 with a job offer?

Depends on how many that week have 140 and over, but would say it would be a safe bet for selection within the 6mths application is active

3) Can you apply for an interim visa that will allow you to continue working if your working holiday visa runs out whilst you have lodged an application for skilled migrant visa?

Yes you can get a Temp Work Visa. That's what MrF did and just updated the EOI to include the points for the job offer which took him over the 140 mark