skilled migrant

Old Mar 24th 2013, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

stevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nice
Question skilled migrant

Hello,
Im steve, currently still in the uk
Can anyone offer some advice on the best route to employment, I can gain entry as a skilled migrant as long as I recieve a job offer, where the problem lies, being 12k miles away does anyone suggest that coming to NZ on a holiday/job search as a good idea? Hopefully my contacts can pull a couple of interviews my way... any thoughts are much appreciated steve
Old Mar 24th 2013, 6:53 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: skilled migrant

welcome to BE.

What area of work are you looking for.?

My husband gained employment whilst being over here having a look round, infact he didn't come go back to the UK as they needed him straight away so he started the day after he got the job offer so that was the end of him having a look round , he works in IT.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

stevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nicestevedun4 is just really nice

Sounds like a good move by mr fychan
I am a estimator in construction, more civil engineering, basically anything that goes underground; ie pipes, cables etc. Obviously christchurch is an option
Old Mar 24th 2013, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Hi stevedun

We got our job offer by numerous emails and sending our CV, and also applying for advertised jobs on www.seek.co.nz and www.trademe.co.nz
OH then had a phone interview and then offered the job
Old Mar 24th 2013, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moonie2011
Hi stevedun

We got our job offer by numerous emails and sending our CV, and also applying for advertised jobs on www.seek.co.nz and www.trademe.co.nz
OH then had a phone interview and then offered the job
Hi moonie, that is what I am upto now, so are you saying persevere before committing to a holiday? Did you get sponsorship from the employer or did you pay the full visa cost?
Old Mar 24th 2013, 7:31 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

as moonie says look at those sites for jobs vacant. you could also find out which companies offer those types of jobs and email them direct. Please be careful when it comes to agencies and don't ever pay anyone to find you a job
Old Mar 24th 2013, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

jason h is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi pls can anyone help with these questions?? I am an electrician Is there any point in filling in the expression of interest form or to just apply for jobs?
Also does anyone know how to get your qualifications recognised.