Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Skilled Employment - Work To Residence Job Search Visa

Skilled Employment - Work To Residence Job Search Visa

Old Jul 24th 2012, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

alexn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled Employment - Work To Residence Job Search Visa

if someone is already granted a job search visa (work to residence), is there is any particular restriction on which job in the recognized work list from appendix 6 for example that one can do from the ANZSCO code list (that is skilled employment).

for instance, if your main occupation (but not your only work experience or qualification) in the expression that you lodged was OccupationA, will NZ Immigration accept a job offer made by a company to you based on OccupationB which is also skilled employment occupation.

In your application, you have gotten points on absolute skills shortage (bonus points) for OccupationB including bonus points for the qualification. If you get a job offer from a company that is in OccupationB and not OccupationA, will Immigration accept that job offer? Are they really fussy about what ANZSCO code skilled empoyment you have or does it just have to be OccupationA?

Thank you to anyone who helps in advance

i would really appreciate your help and if you could point out the SMC policy to verify. thank you.

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 26th 2012 at 2:40 am.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:50 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Employment - Work To Residence Job Search Visa

sorry can not answer your question but someone may be along soon who can.
If you are in a hurry for an answer may I suggest you call NZ Immigration and ask them. My husband when he was here and we where trying for PR found them very helpful.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 5:22 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

UUm.

I'll have to read that a few times to get to grips with it.

How different would 'Occupation A' be to 'Occupation B' in your mind
Old Jul 29th 2012, 5:25 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Is this about being able to claim points for work experience?

Is your own work experience different to what you actually have qualifications in?