British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Simple Visa Application... Right? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/simple-visa-application-right-821373/)

Helen256 Jan 12th 2014 9:49 pm

Simple Visa Application... Right?

Hello to you all,

It's now 11pm and I'm tired and in the thick of the organised chaos that is paperwork. I thought I knew exactly what I was doing and then I went and read some more things that made my heart skip a beat... *sincere* apologies if this is a stupid/repeated/useless thread.

Situation:
OH has a job, signed contracts and they're now just waiting for us to get there (Auckland).
I don't yet have a job but have been looking and potentially being lined up for a Skype interview later this week (giddy!).

Paperwork:
I've filled in the INZ1015 for him; complete with photographs, medicals (pending), police references (also pending), job contract, the employer form and his new passport.
For me; I have the INZ1146 filled out along with the medical, police reference and passport.

Query:
Once I have the medical and police references back, can I post this all off or should I be filling out a special 'looking for work' visa for me, or does the one I've done for him cover me for working as long as he's in the country?
I also don't want to hold anything up by faffing around!

What I'm finding confusing is that when you read "You want to do this? Just fill this visa in", it doesn't have the reference number on it, eg. INZ1015.

MrsFychan Jan 12th 2014 10:17 pm

Re: Simple Visa Application... Right?

if OH gets a skilled visa and you are approved as well then you can work as soon as your PR visa's come through. you are going on the back of his visa application?

you are over thinking things hun, just go to bed and if there is stuff missing they will ask for it, as long as you have the documentation an emailed copy then posted in is usually good enough.

Helen256 Jan 12th 2014 10:34 pm

Thank you!

I was going off the back of his visa as I didn't think I'd find a job so quickly.

I think I am overthinking and need of sleep! Ha.

Once I've got paperwork back from the police and doctors, I'll shove it all in the post and stop worrying.

Persephone Jan 12th 2014 10:45 pm

Get some sleep;)

I had to look up the form numbers as we don't tend to use them on here really.
INZ1015 is for a work visa for him
INZ1146 Is the form for temporary partnership entry so you can work

Form 1146 is for a work visa for you on the back of the 1015 for the husband. You apply for an 'open' work visa which is issued for the same amount of time as his is. You can do any job.

No worries:)

Forgot to add: lots of luck with the job interview, try and stay calm and relaxed. Try!

rossojo Jan 13th 2014 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 11075463)
Get some sleep;)

I had to look up the form numbers as we don't tend to use them on here really.
INZ1015 is for a work visa for him
INZ1146 Is the form for temporary partnership entry so you can work

Form 1146 is for a work visa for you on the back of the 1015 for the husband. You apply for an 'open' work visa which is issued for the same amount of time as his is. You can do any job.

No worries:)

Forgot to add: lots of luck with the job interview, try and stay calm and relaxed. Try!

You probably have seen this but just in case you missed it - The person applying for a temporary visa must complete the form Application for a Partnership-Based Temporary Entry Visa (INZ 1198)

Helen256 Jan 13th 2014 3:45 pm

Thank you everyone. I've had a bit of sleep and a cup of tea. All is well with the world once more!

I've got all the above mentioned forms (Including the 1198) filled and awaiting their medical counterparts! Huzzah!

Persephone Jan 13th 2014 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by rossojo (Post 11075682)
You probably have seen this but just in case you missed it - The person applying for a temporary visa must complete the form Application for a Partnership-Based Temporary Entry Visa (INZ 1198)

Ooops yes:D good call!

Originally Posted by Helen256 (Post 11076311)
Thank you everyone. I've had a bit of sleep and a cup of tea. All is well with the world once more!

I've got all the above mentioned forms (Including the 1198) filled and awaiting their medical counterparts! Huzzah!

Excellent! Tea solves everything;)

Helen256 Jan 21st 2014 5:15 pm

All paperwork complete now. Pictures, relationship info, police reports... entire life history! Still waiting for our medicals to come though...

Should I post the lot off together (with our passports) or wait a couple more days for the medical forms to come through too? I'm getting twitchy that I can't yet put an 'end date' on loose ends in the UK and want to get everything moving as soon as I can... possibly in need of more tes, also!

Anyone else found this?

JerseyMatt Jan 21st 2014 8:52 pm

If it was me and it was only going to be a couple of days I'd wait to send it all together.

Persephone Jan 22nd 2014 8:45 pm

I would send everything in together.
It won't speed things up if your application is incomplete and could slow it down as there's more risk the separate parts don't get connected up properly. You send it to a Visa Application Centre, they check it is complete before it goes to NZ House for a decision. So it won't get to the person who can say yes or no until it is complete hence no advantage to sending it in until then :)
http://http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigr...base/item/6865

Helen256 Jan 26th 2014 1:45 pm

Thank you guys, the medical was delayed because it was missing one signature :/ it's being couriered to us today so everything can go in the post tomorrow. Thank goodness!
Now to decide which shoes to take (haha-who am I kidding... they're ALL coming with me!!)

Persephone Jan 26th 2014 9:22 pm

Good luck!

Hope you get a result very soon!

The more shoes the better:lol:

BEVS Jan 28th 2014 10:35 pm

Good to go then. :D

Helen256 Feb 14th 2014 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 11101722)
Good to go then. :D

...almost good to go...

Slight hiccup with medical forms for me. OH's visa is on its way to us now, I'm still waiting for a referral to come back on mine for a *foolish* paperwork blunder...

Skipped heart beat from a year ago; lasted three days and disappeared. Panicked that I should 'admit' this on said paperwork but then found out it was no biggie as it was actually nothing to do with my heart.

Had to do an ECG and ask the doctor for a note to prove I was ok....
I'm now stuck, waiting for the immigration case worker to give me the green light when my hubby already has his visa on the way :(

MORE TEA NEEDED!!! :blink:

I think read of people still waiting for work visas and travelling out on a visitor visa until the work one comes through... have I imagined this?

MrsFychan Feb 14th 2014 11:20 pm

myself and kids came out on visitors visa whilst our ITA was being processed, MrF was already working here on a temp work visa. We had always intended a visit back after 6mths as it coincided with my eldest 21st so getting a return ticket was always going to happen.
It does mean that you can't enrol any children into school as a resident until you can prove that the visa has been approved, we showed the confirmation letter and was given 2 wks to provide passports with visa in. school had to call the education authority to get that approved.