Silver Fern Visa Possible Conflict

Old Apr 25th 2013, 9:34 am
Just Joined

ali_mkh86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Silver Fern Visa Possible Conflict

Hi Guys,

My first post here.

I have doubts to apply for Silver Fern this April because my wife is applying to do her PhD in New Zealand and we expect her to get the visa in a few months from now.

My questions is that if I apply for Silver Fern and let's assume I could get it,
1) Can I later convert it into Dependency Visa under my wife's Student Visa?
2) Can I convert it to student visa for myself if I decided to study beside work while I am there?

3) For English Requirements, I have not performed an IELTS test yet. In the requirements, is written to provide either an IELTS mark or a proof that I have passed a course entirely in English; which I have: University Foundation, Bachelor Degree (Computer Science) and Master Degree. If I can provide an IELTS mark would that be a bonus point?

Regards.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 10:30 am
Just Joined

husnain123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default quick question!! CAN I REGISTER NOW?????

hey guys! im planing on applying for the silver fern visa, whose opening will be on the 29th of this month as u all know. I haven't registered yet. My question is, IS THIS FINE? can i register now or am i too late? someone told me that if i haven't registered till now then i have missed the silver fern opportunity. PLEASE ANSWER BACK FAST AND HELP ME . THANK U ALL
Old Apr 25th 2013, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa Possible Conflict

Originally Posted by ali_mkh86 View Post
Hi Guys,

My first post here.

I have doubts to apply for Silver Fern this April because my wife is applying to do her PhD in New Zealand and we expect her to get the visa in a few months from now.

My questions is that if I apply for Silver Fern and let's assume I could get it,
1) Can I later convert it into Dependency Visa under my wife's Student Visa?
2) Can I convert it to student visa for myself if I decided to study beside work while I am there?

3) For English Requirements, I have not performed an IELTS test yet. In the requirements, is written to provide either an IELTS mark or a proof that I have passed a course entirely in English; which I have: University Foundation, Bachelor Degree (Computer Science) and Master Degree. If I can provide an IELTS mark would that be a bonus point?

Regards.
Hi,

(1) No you cannot convert a Silver Fern Job Search Visa into anything other than a Silver Fern Practical Experience Visa after you have found skilled work in the 9 months allocated by the Silver Fern Job Search visa.
If you do find skilled employment and secure the Practical Experience visa this may allow a stay of between 12 - 24 months.
You cannot get a visa on the basis of your wife having a student (study) visa.

(2) You cannot 'convert' your visa as I mentioned above, but yes in the 9 months of searching for skilled employment you are allowed to apply for a study, temporary work or resident visa if you meet the requirements.

(3) If you get the proof that your study course was entirely in English you will not need IELTS and you will not receive any 'bonus points' for having it either. You either meet the English Language requirement or you don't, however some types of skilled work demand that IELTS Academic has been passed at high level regardless - eg nurses, doctors etc.
Assuming you get a Silver Fern Visa it may be necessary to take IELTS depending on the skilled work you seek.

Regards,
Old Apr 25th 2013, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: quick question!! CAN I REGISTER NOW?????

Originally Posted by husnain123 View Post
hey guys! im planing on applying for the silver fern visa, whose opening will be on the 29th of this month as u all know. I haven't registered yet. My question is, IS THIS FINE? can i register now or am i too late? someone told me that if i haven't registered till now then i have missed the silver fern opportunity. PLEASE ANSWER BACK FAST AND HELP ME . THANK U ALL
No it's not too late just go on https://www.immigration.govt.nz/secure/default.htm and register for online services.
The portal will be refreshed by Immigration on the 27th and opens for applications on the 29th as you know 10:00 NZ time.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Default Re:

thanks a million pal!
Old Apr 26th 2013, 12:06 am
Just Joined

Hey guys! I have a question regarding the silver fern visa. I was trying to calculate the points I have to see if i can apply in the skilled migrant category. The points calculation page on the immigration website asks whether our skilled employment is in the category of 'absolute skills shortage' area. My question is, when they say 'employments', they don't mean employment in NZ rite? They mean our current employment, wherever we are working right? Please help me clarify this doubt! thanks guys!!
Old Apr 26th 2013, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Hey guys! I have a question regarding the silver fern visa. I was trying to calculate the points I have to see if i can apply in the skilled migrant category. The points calculation page on the immigration website asks whether our skilled employment is in the category of 'absolute skills shortage' area. My question is, when they say 'employments', they don't mean employment in NZ rite? They mean our current employment, wherever we are working right? Please help me clarify this doubt! thanks guys!!
Yes that's right.
Within the points indicator, if any question relates to New Zealand the text New Zealand will be in Bold type.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 2:32 am
Just Joined

hey guys. I have some questions. Firstly, am i too late to submit my EOI now? I am in the process of filling it up. So can i submit it today?
Secondly, the opening will be on the 29th at 10am NZ time. My question is, What r u suppose to do?? just pay for the application or what? please reply bak fast. thanks a heap!
Old Apr 27th 2013, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

hey guys. I have some questions. Firstly, am i too late to submit my EOI now? I am in the process of filling it up. So can i submit it today?
Secondly, the opening will be on the 29th at 10am NZ time. My question is, What r u suppose to do?? just pay for the application or what? please reply bak fast. thanks a heap!
Hi,
Think you may be confusing the processes of two different types of visa ?
The EOI is what you submit for a Residency Visa under Skilled Migrant Category. Nothing to do with Silver Fern Visa.
You can submit EOI's anytime when applying for this visa.

If you are talking about Silver Fern Visa application, from today Immigration will have refreshed the portal allowing anyone who is registered for online services the ability to fill in the majority of the online application form for Silver Fern visa prior to the online system opening for business so to speak.
The online system for actual Silver Fern Visa applications only opens on the 29th 10:00 NZ time.
When the online system opens all applicants must complete the application with payment details - credit or debit card. If you are successful, email notification will be given and a payment will be taken for the visa application.

Regards,
Old Apr 27th 2013, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

ohh! i see! thanks a million for clearing this up for me! ur'e rite, i think i mixed up two different visa application methods!
I checked the website, and till now i can't find any silver fern visa form. And it's already the 28th in NZ. So wen can i find the (incomplete) form to fill up? thanks again. uv'e been extremely helpful!!
Old Apr 27th 2013, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohh! i see! thanks a million for clearing this up for me! ur'e rite, i think i mixed up two different visa application methods!
I checked the website, and till now i can't find any silver fern visa form. And it's already the 28th in NZ. So wen can i find the (incomplete) form to fill up? thanks again. uv'e been extremely helpful!!
You should be able to register for online services now and as such during the registration process select the "Apply for Silver Fern Visa" option.
If not select whatever option you can to get registered then apply for Silver Fern Visa after you have logged in.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 7:32 am
Just Joined

MsSavoie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! I am also trying to access the Silver Fern Application. When I clicked on the selection it opens a window that says:

"Welcome to the online application system for the Silver Fern Job Search visa.
Unfortunately at this time we are not accepting new applications for the Silver Fern Job Search visa.
There is a limited quota of Silver Fern Job Search visas each year. The quota for this year has already been filled."

Am I not selecting the right avenue to access the application? Or are others seeing this too?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

exactly! i don't know y it says so! so what r v suppose to do now?
Old Apr 28th 2013, 9:24 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

I think there may be a technical hitch. Just like last year.

Keep on trying . From the other Silver Fern thread , it seems it may open at 10 but keep trying before then....just in case.
Old May 14th 2013, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

dmiriy10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am Dilip Kumar from India. I would like to apply for silve fern job search visa to New Zealand for 9 Months period. Unfortunately if i dont get a job can i get converted to student visa with in 9 months of time frame ? or do i need to get back to india if i dont get job within the stipulated period ?