British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Silver Fern Visa 2014 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/silver-fern-visa-2014-a-825759/)

ssuhail Feb 20th 2014 10:14 am

Silver Fern Visa 2014

A fresh thread to discuss the latest news and share insights about applying for this year's Silver Fern Visa (2014). Appreciate it if previous lucky Silver Fern winners could share their insights; especially list of DO's and DONT's :) May the odds be ever in your favor! ;) :)

BEVS Feb 21st 2014 12:33 am

Re: Silver Fern Visa 2014

May there be no technical hiccups.

Thanks for starting the new thread.:)

ssuhail Feb 21st 2014 4:48 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 11140158)
May there be no technical hiccups.

Thanks for starting the new thread.:)

agreed! we can anticipate a few issues since they are launching a new application for this years Silver Fern Visa. So far no dates available :(

Koushik Nandha Mar 17th 2014 7:57 am

Hi to every one.....Im from INDIA I have Completed Bachelor Of Engineering In Aeronautical in the year 2013..I am a Fresh graduate and i need to know whether i should have experience in job to apply Silver Fern Job Search Visa..????

Anish Nair Apr 4th 2014 2:34 am

Hi,

Its good to show all your educational qualification, if you are looking for aeronautical field.I will be honest with you, there is not much scope here. I am in NZ for last 6 years, its a good place to live but you really need to check what jobs are in demand, not trying to demotivate you but its a big step and you should be ready for everything before you make a move. Good luck

princemm May 29th 2014 6:19 am

Hi,
I am a BTech(EEE) graduate from India and am having 7 yrs of experience in IT. I am planning to apply for silver fern 2014. I did my BTech from MG university, Kerala and unfortunately it is not listed in the qualification exemption list. So I was wondering whether I can apply for silver fern visa. Can anyone let me know whether I have a chance?

Thanks,
Prince

MrsFychan May 29th 2014 7:54 pm

as this particular visa is being reviewed and it is possible will not be open this year I think you need to keep an eye out for any updates to the process and requirements the review may bring with it on the Immigration website.

Originally Posted by princemm (Post 11280051)
Hi,
I am a BTech(EEE) graduate from India and am having 7 yrs of experience in IT. I am planning to apply for silver fern 2014. I did my BTech from MG university, Kerala and unfortunately it is not listed in the qualification exemption list. So I was wondering whether I can apply for silver fern visa. Can anyone let me know whether I have a chance?

Thanks,
Prince

darvingrg8 Oct 15th 2014 7:57 pm

Hello prince, I am from kerala, have you applied for SFV visa?

*Please don't give out personal information on a pubic forum.

Dkoda Oct 18th 2014 5:37 am

Hello every one,

Could you please tell me, do any one know from where i can find the application for the Silver Fern Job Search Visa?

Is the link is not enable yet to fill the application? In that case when it get enable?

Thanks in advance

MrsFychan Oct 18th 2014 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Dkoda (Post 11442115)
Hello every one,

Could you please tell me, do any one know from where i can find the application for the Silver Fern Job Search Visa?

Is the link is not enable yet to fill the application? In that case when it get enable?

Thanks in advance

The Silver Fern Job Search category will open on 20 November 2014 at 10:00am New Zealand time. Please note that this category is very popular and places are usually taken on the opening day

taken from: Silver Fern Job Search Visa

Dkoda Oct 18th 2014 5:58 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11442117)
The Silver Fern Job Search category will open on 20 November 2014 at 10:00am New Zealand time. Please note that this category is very popular and places are usually taken on the opening day

Hi MrsFychan,

Thank you for the quick response, Could you please tell me how can i find the application?

I Suppose the application is available before the starting date (20 November 2014) or do i need to wait till the start date to find the application?

Thanks in advance

Dkoda Oct 18th 2014 6:48 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11442117)

Hi MrsFychan,

Thank you for the quick response. Do i need to wait till the start date to find and fill the application?

From where i can find the application?

Thanks in advance.

MrsFychan Oct 18th 2014 7:13 pm

also taken from the Immigration site

"Can I complete an application form in advance of the opening in 2014?
No, you will not be able to complete an application form in advance".

You really do need to acquaint yourself with the Immigration site

mfarshadmehr Oct 30th 2014 7:07 pm

I want to request for Silver Fern Job Search, but i found that my wife and miy little child could not accompany me even with tourist visa?
What are the options to giving a temporary visa for them for that 9 months of Silver Fern?
Thanks in advance

MrsFychan Oct 30th 2014 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by mfarshadmehr (Post 11456496)
I want to request for Silver Fern Job Search, but i found that my wife and miy little child could not accompany me even with tourist visa?
What are the options to giving a temporary visa for them for that 9 months of Silver Fern?
Thanks in advance

"Can I bring my family with me if I obtain a Silver Fern Practical Experience visa?
Partners and dependent children of holders of a Silver Fern Practical Experience visa will be eligible for work and student visas (primary and secondary schooling only) for the same period as the Practical Experience visa. If your children wish to study at tertiary level during this period they will have to meet student requirements as an international student."

taken from Silver Fern Practical Experience: questions and answers

so I guess if you are successful then you apply for the relevant visa's for your family

mfarshadmehr Oct 30th 2014 7:27 pm

Thank you for prompt answer, but my question is about the 9 months of Silver Fern Search Job not Practical Experience.

MrsFychan Oct 30th 2014 8:39 pm

family are only eligible on the Practical Experience visa not on the search visa

"Please note that Partners and children will not be eligible for visas/permits as accompanying family members."

taken from Silver Fern Visa - Immigration NZ Knowledgebase

ansh_nz Nov 3rd 2014 3:56 am

Hi Everyone,

I am a current silver fern job practical experience visa holder and currently in a skilled employment in NZ. I gained my Silver Fern Job search visa last year (2013). Thought would dedicate some time for anyone looking for any kind of assistance in applying for a silver fern job search visa.
PS: I am not an immigration advisor however would like to be able to help anyone who needs any info on the visas.
Thanks
Best of Luck
Anshul

suraj21 Nov 3rd 2014 5:54 pm

hello Friends,

I am B.com graduate from India, have more than 3 years work experience in logistics field...

Am i eligible to apply for Silver fern visa?? If yes, please provide how much fee i have to pay online at the time of form filling??

Thank you!

MrsFychan Nov 3rd 2014 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by suraj21 (Post 11460050)
hello Friends,

I am B.com graduate from India, have more than 3 years work experience in logistics field...

Am i eligible to apply for Silver fern visa?? If yes, please provide how much fee i have to pay online at the time of form filling??

Thank you!

all relevant information can be found on NZ Immigration site.

Silver Fern Visa - Immigration NZ Knowledgebase

suraj21 Nov 3rd 2014 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11460066)
all relevant information can be found on NZ Immigration site.

Silver Fern Visa - Immigration NZ Knowledgebase

I want to know what documents i have to keep ready while filling up online form.

sethinikhil86 Nov 5th 2014 12:11 pm

Hi Ansh,

I really appreciate your help towards the prospective candidates. I would like to check that as the process is new. Do you have any tricks to share while making the payment for the SFV. Is any of my family member credit card shall be fine for the payment. Anything that can give us an edge while applying live on the website.

Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

Nikhil

ansh_nz Nov 6th 2014 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by sethinikhil86 (Post 11462075)
Hi Ansh,

I really appreciate your help towards the prospective candidates. I would like to check that as the process is new. Do you have any tricks to share while making the payment for the SFV. Is any of my family member credit card shall be fine for the payment. Anything that can give us an edge while applying live on the website.

Thanks in advance.:thumbsup:

Nikhil

Hi Nikhil,

No problems at all. The best way to process the payment is to fill up the form earlier if available and hit the submit button on multiple browsers at the same time. Due to high activity on the website most of the browsers stop to work. For me what worked out was Firefox. Also you can use anyone's credit card however just make sure the card is verified by visa (if it is a visa card) and you know the password.

Thanks
Anshul

george2mathews Nov 10th 2014 3:54 pm

I am planning to apply for Silver Fern Visa 2014.I found out that I need my qualification to be in List of Qualification Exempt from assessment effective from 29/11/2010. (as in Appendix 3 - List of Qualifications Exempt from Assessment )

I have B.tech From Mahatma Gandhi University Kottayam Kerala which comes not currently in the list 9/6/2014.( as in India )

But my qualification in B.tech is in the list 26/9/2011 ( as in India (26/09/2011) ). and given in same page list.

Since the List of Qualification Exempt from assessment is from 29/11/2010.Will this make me eligible to apply for silver fern Visa.

MrsFychan Nov 10th 2014 5:04 pm

my understanding that qualifications that are exempt from assessment must be in the current list of recognised establishment so needs to be on the current recognised list. Lists change so you must keep up to date with the changes.

adeel Nov 12th 2014 1:23 pm

3 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
Last year i had applied for silver fern and luckily my application was accepted but due to delay in document submission they rejected my application and not granted visa. My case officer confirm me that i can apply next year. So i'm quite sure i can try my luck again this year. Some changes had been made in silver fern. i'm reading from immigration web site, we can fill application in advance. My question is
Would i need to create a new login or may i use the old one. Plz tell me would i need to create new login or use old one. my medical international education assessment detail

My login showing application received and i haven't found any link in my account where i can create a application. I know it will be available on the same day but where i need to click. Can some one share the screen shot where i need to click to create application send me snapshot at [email protected]

i have attached three snapshot. i think we will click sliver fern job search link. correct if i'm wrong see third snapshot. i think on that day application will be available there.

Those who interested what had happened last year read the following thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post11441041

raaven Nov 14th 2014 4:35 pm

@MrsFychan

both my course and university were under the exempt list before 2011.
now my course has been removed however my university still remains on the list.

do i still need to go through NZQA? i assume i do, however someone i know who is in the NZ on a SMC visa , who happens to have similar qualifications mentioned that it is enough that the university be on the list and that he did not have to go through NZQA.

@ Ansh

thank you for taking the time to help out.

i have a VISA debit card and not a credit card. can i still use this if i have enough funds on the account?

also how many browser windows did you have open and how long did it take you to get the silver fern booked.

MrsFychan Nov 14th 2014 7:47 pm

no I believe the qualification has to be on the list and be gained from a recognised establishment or you will need it assessed if you want to claim points for it

raaven Nov 15th 2014 3:58 am

thanks , i was afraid of that :(
i remember reading somewhere that on the 17th there is a new update to the list of exempt qualifications. does anyone have any info on this?

naqiashrar31 Nov 19th 2014 9:52 pm

what the hell is this INZ systems... down all the time. server didnot respond for the whole hour after opening SFV qouta.
very poor performance of SFV balloting system.

naqiashrar31 Nov 19th 2014 9:54 pm

every one who tried and faced issues should complaint to INZ. i am launching complaint. this is frustrating.

mestek123 Nov 19th 2014 11:13 pm

i faced the same problem

MrsFychan Nov 20th 2014 12:29 am

so not improved from last year.

agree you need to make complaints and you can create a dedicated thread on here to discuss that and how things are going and your experiences

mestek123 Nov 20th 2014 12:36 am

nothing has been improved it becomes WORSE

very bad user interface,they did not put a direct link to silverfern visa ,or even did not put a guide with pictures or video to guide you through the process

after more than an hour the website begins to respond but i find the quota has been filled

this year i think there was an intention to make such a vague interface

BEVS Nov 20th 2014 12:37 am

Originally Posted by naqiashrar31 (Post 11478029)
what the hell is this INZ systems... down all the time. server didnot respond for the whole hour after opening SFV qouta.
very poor performance of SFV balloting system.

What ! Not again :thumbdown:

Yup. Please do as MrsF rightly suggests. Open a dedicated thread about this so others can also comment.

mestek123 Nov 20th 2014 12:37 am

the previous year i made a complaint and i submitted all the proofs that there error was from there side and their system was violatging privacy
but mr woodhouse refused to make an investigation and refused to give me an extra seat

BEVS Nov 20th 2014 12:45 am

Doesn't help you at all but I do think the way this SV visa operates is a disgrace to New Zealand and a disgusting way to treat those hopeful to come to NZ.

I was going to link to Michael Woodhouse and will do so anyway.

For anyone looking in, he is the NZ Immigration Minister.

mestek123 Nov 20th 2014 12:49 am

thank you very muh BEVS

yes i know mr woodhouse and he replied me the last year for my complaint,and as i said i submitted ALL the documents and proofs that shows that it was their mistake not tto grant me a seat but he refused to do anything by saying we are restricted to a quota of 300 and we have already taken them,he added that he will not reply me again for any complaints of such a kind

BEVS Nov 20th 2014 1:22 am

I can only repeat that I think it a disgrace.

Thank you so much for starting this thread about the 2014 Silver Fern Visa.

I can only hope that enough voices will shout loud enough for this visa to be completely reviewed and the way it operates altered completely. It is a complete failure as far as I cam concerned.

No-one looking for such a life changing hope should have to sit on the end of a keyboard with a finger poised only to find the site already blocked seconds after opening.

Even sites for booking concert tickets work better than that.

If there are just 300 places , then that needs to be managed far , far better.

I remain:thumbdown: about the whole darn thing.

mestek123 Nov 20th 2014 1:37 am

unfortunately we have nothing to do other than shouting loudly

as i said mr woodhouse refuse to respond though i submitted all the proofs,and i am a computer engineer ,so it was a professional report

for managing the visa proess,it can be still online but they MUST change their assets and resources and may be the operating team

if they need help they can recruit and import good technical skills instead of doing such a mess