Silver Fern Visa 2013

Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:24 am
  #61  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Surabaya, Indonesia
Posts: 74
R-Yell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2013

Originally Posted by biplob01 View Post
Debit card can be used as well.Its all about payment.
Hi biplob01,

Were you once an applicant of SILVER FERN JOB SEARCH VISA? So you used a credit card and got no problem upon paying? Coz it's pity if we try first our debit then when we shift to credit card, all the quota is filled in already.

Hope you understand the plight of the non-credit card holders.

Thanks biplop01 and Godspeed!

PS. Are you still in NZ now? What's your status of your stay there now? Pls share your experience here...Thanks a lot!

Regards,
R-Yell
R-Yell is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:32 am
  #62  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 22
biplob01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2013

Originally Posted by R-Yell View Post
Hi biplob01,

Were you once an applicant of SILVER FERN JOB SEARCH VISA? So you used a credit card and got no problem upon paying? Coz it's pity if we try first our debit then when we shift to credit card, all the quota is filled in already.

Hope you understand the plight of the non-credit card holders.

Thanks biplop01 and Godspeed!

PS. Are you still in NZ now? What's your status of your stay there now? Pls share your experience here...Thanks a lot!

Regards,
R-Yell
Hello R-Yell,

Thanks for your message. I am in Australia now and I am one of the aspirant of SFV. I don't have credit card, so I called to immigration NZ to check the matter and they have confirm me that debit card can be used.

However, you advice is correct as time is too limited so better to not take any risk.

Regards,
biplob01 is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:50 am
  #63  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 96
salmanearn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2013

Originally Posted by abwaqar View Post
Same case with me. Can't even open.my application to edit it. Would some senior members shed some light on this.

Please any one need help
salmanearn is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 6:57 am
  #64  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 22
biplob01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2013

Originally Posted by newbie_q View Post
Hey R-Yell! I'm from the UK...Just in Australia at the moment. I've been told that they don't have a shortage of teachers at the moment and I've also been told that they need to show that they have tried looking for a kiwi to do the job before taking on a foreigner..although I'm not sure if that applies if you have a silver fern visa.

Do we need to sort anything prior to applying for the visa though? Or do we do that if we are successful with the visa?

Thanks!
Hello newbie_q,

I am from Australia as well. Would you mind if I ask your contact details plz. So that we can discuss some thing directly about the SFV application

Regards,
biplob01 is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2013, 2:20 am
  #65  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 27
amanpreet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2013

hello
please suggest me friends.i applied for silver fern job search visa last year but unfortunately i couldn't get visa.i want to apply again this time.can u please suggest me whether i can apply with the old log in id on the immigration site for SFV that i used last year?or not?
amanpreet is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2013, 4:00 am
  #66  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Surabaya, Indonesia
Posts: 74
R-Yell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2013

Originally Posted by amanpreet View Post
hello
please suggest me friends.i applied for silver fern job search visa last year but unfortunately i couldn't get visa.i want to apply again this time.can u please suggest me whether i can apply with the old log in id on the immigration site for SFV that i used last year?or not?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It would not be a problem as long it is still active.

What happened when you applied last year? What was wrong?

Regards,
R-Yell
R-Yell is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2013, 12:35 am
  #67  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 9
yuhha is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Silver Fern Visa 2013

I got a postgraduate diploma from University of East Anglia in the UK.
I am wondering whether the PD qualification will be ok for the silver fern qualification. Someone said that can be level 8?
And I currently do not have the IELTS score of 6.5, but I noticed that when I were filling the forms for information, it shows "the qualification you used for the application was taught completely in English" is also can be the language evidence, I choose this option, is that ok? Do I still need to take the IELTS exam? Thanks a lot.

Btw, I am from China.
yuhha is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2013, 7:41 am
  #68  
BE Forum Addict
 
escapedtonz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Te Puna, Tauranga
Posts: 1,377
escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2013

Originally Posted by yuhha View Post
I got a postgraduate diploma from University of East Anglia in the UK.
I am wondering whether the PD qualification will be ok for the silver fern qualification. Someone said that can be level 8?
And I currently do not have the IELTS score of 6.5, but I noticed that when I were filling the forms for information, it shows "the qualification you used for the application was taught completely in English" is also can be the language evidence, I choose this option, is that ok? Do I still need to take the IELTS exam? Thanks a lot.

Btw, I am from China.
Hi,
I expect so.
Postgraduate Diplomas are said to be equivalent 'quality' to a Masters Degree, therefore I would use it myself in a Silver Fern Application.
However, looking on the qualifications exemption list the University of East Anglia appears but your qualification doesn't therefore you would need NZQA assessment of the Postgraduate Diploma.

As the course was taught in the UK and entirely in English it will be suitable proof that you hold the necessary minimum English Language requirement and not need IELTS but you must provide proof of this by submitting an official letter from the university - signed by the Principal stating that your course was taught entirely in English.......assuming you are successful in the Silver Fern application of course!

Cheers
escapedtonz is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2013, 9:31 am
  #69  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 9
yuhha is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Silver Fern Visa 2013

Originally Posted by escapedtonz View Post
Hi,
I expect so.
Postgraduate Diplomas are said to be equivalent 'quality' to a Masters Degree, therefore I would use it myself in a Silver Fern Application.
However, looking on the qualifications exemption list the University of East Anglia appears but your qualification doesn't therefore you would need NZQA assessment of the Postgraduate Diploma.

As the course was taught in the UK and entirely in English it will be suitable proof that you hold the necessary minimum English Language requirement and not need IELTS but you must provide proof of this by submitting an official letter from the university - signed by the Principal stating that your course was taught entirely in English.......assuming you are successful in the Silver Fern application of course!

Cheers
Thank you for your explicit reply.
As you mentioned that I need a proof from the principal, could I do this after I have got the quota of the visa?

And are you sure that my qualification need NZQA assessment, because I found a page in the immigration.gv.nz shows the New Zealand qualifications framework, please see this URL :
http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...ifications.htm

Thanks
yuhha is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2013, 10:55 am
  #70  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3
besottied is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2013

Originally Posted by Maryam90 View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm one of the last year's successful silver fern visa holder.
Just wanna help you guys by clarifying few things.

You don't need to worry about IELTS and Education assessment to apply for silver fern. You will just tick the option in the online application that you have the English language proofs and your qualification is of level 7 etc and go for the run no documents are required at the time of application submission.
The chances are low as thousands of applicants run for the quota. So its not wise to spend money and time doing IELTS and Qualification assessment beforehand. Once with your luck you will get a place in quota then u would have 4 months of time to do IELTS and NZQA assessment. But you should be confident that you will do IELTS or will provide English language proofs, also do check the criteria for NZQA levels and compare your qualification with that so you get a fair idea at which level you stand.

Best of luck (Y)
Thanks lots for this, Maryam. I'm looking to apply for the Silver Fern this year and NZQA is my final hurdle. My qualification is recognised, but not my university, so I'd have to go through NZQA. I was thinking I would apply for the visa first then worry about everything else afterwards (as you suggest) but wasn't sure if this would be OK. If that's what you did, that's what I'll do, too =)

(If all else fails I'll come out on a working holiday visa and shovel horse poo for 6 months!)

Hope you're having a great time in NZ

Emily.
besottied is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2013, 11:27 am
  #71  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 8
Tezmoore84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2013

Hello, All new to this but looking for some information... On the 29th when the application opens is that for the 300 SFJS visa available... As when I tried to apply it just said there are no placement available on the quota?!! Do I just need to wait until the 29th....
My husband has a potential job offer job has been told he needs to be in NZ for a chance at interview?
We can not apply for a working holiday as we have children... Any information appreciated thanks

Last edited by Tezmoore84; Apr 25th 2013 at 11:33 am.
Tezmoore84 is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2013, 1:52 pm
  #72  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Surabaya, Indonesia
Posts: 74
R-Yell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2013

Originally Posted by Tezmoore84 View Post
Hello, All new to this but looking for some information... On the 29th when the application opens is that for the 300 SFJS visa available... As when I tried to apply it just said there are no placement available on the quota?!! Do I just need to wait until the 29th....
My husband has a potential job offer job has been told he needs to be in NZ for a chance at interview?
We can not apply for a working holiday as we have children... Any information appreciated thanks
------------------------- -------------------------------------------------
Hi Tezmoore,

Yup, you are right...it will open on the 29th of this month at exactly 10am NZ time. This is on a first come first served basis just only for the 300 slots. Good luck to all of us.

Where are u from btw?
R-Yell is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:01 pm
  #73  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
coolnuwan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2013

Hi,
I have been working in Singapore for last two years as a IT Consultant. I am originally from Sri Lanka. I fall under Level 7 illegibility.

Do I still need to take IELTS exam to proof my English?
coolnuwan is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:11 pm
  #74  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 8
Tezmoore84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2013

Originally Posted by R-Yell View Post
------------------------- -------------------------------------------------
Hi Tezmoore,

Yup, you are right...it will open on the 29th of this month at exactly 10am NZ time. This is on a first come first served basis just only for the 300 slots. Good luck to all of us.

Where are u from btw?
Thanks... We are from the UK...
Tezmoore84 is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2013, 6:36 pm
  #75  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 96
salmanearn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2013

Originally Posted by besottied View Post
Thanks lots for this, Maryam. I'm looking to apply for the Silver Fern this year and NZQA is my final hurdle. My qualification is recognised, but not my university, so I'd have to go through NZQA. I was thinking I would apply for the visa first then worry about everything else afterwards (as you suggest) but wasn't sure if this would be OK. If that's what you did, that's what I'll do, too =)

(If all else fails I'll come out on a working holiday visa and shovel horse poo for 6 months!)

Hope you're having a great time in NZ

Emily.
@Maryam

Can you tell us abouts jobs in newzeland how is experience.
salmanearn is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.