Silver Fern Visa 2013

Old Mar 26th 2013, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

abwaqar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2013

Hi. im new to the forums and have a couple of questions regarding silver fern:

1. I am a doctor and have given the NZREX exam. I am eligible for registration and will obtain registration with the medical council if i find a job in NZ. Do i still need to get my degree verified by NZQA?

2. I know that silver fern is an extremely popular scheme and slots are filled within that day. How soon are we talking about? I guess what im asking is, what are my chances if i give payment details as soon as the quota opens.

Any other tips/suggestions are welcome. thanks in advance.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

R-Yell is an unknown quantity at this point

hello friends from all over the world, I am excited for this visa. I am a secondaRY high school teacher. I am a Filipino working in Indonesia. Godbless to all of us!
Old Mar 29th 2013, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

kunal.libra is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi bryan26,

I would like to know that, if I have achieved my education from UK University, (University of Glamorgan) and got my degree as Post Graduate Diploma in Information and Communication Technology (ICT), 2012, do i have to submit my IELTS marks? My university name or the award is not listed in the exempted list (or i dont know if i am looking at the wrong list) and do i hav to go through NZQA. Could you please- please provide me wid sum information on it, it will really help me.

Last edited by kunal.libra; Mar 29th 2013 at 7:21 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bryan26
To those who want to apply a Silver Fern Visa with Question post here.
Hi bryan26,

I would like to know that, if I have achieved my education from UK University, (University of Glamorgan) and got my degree as Post Graduate Diploma in Information and Communication Technology (ICT), 2012, do i have to submit my IELTS marks? My university name or the award is not listed in the exempted list (or i dont know if i am looking at the wrong list) and do i hav to go through NZQA. Could you please- please provide me wid sum information on it, it will really help me.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by R-Yell
hello friends from all over the world, I am excited for this visa. I am a secondaRY high school teacher. I am a Filipino working in Indonesia. Godbless to all of us!
Hi bryan26,

Old Apr 2nd 2013, 7:55 am
Just Joined

sharath is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello I am from India, my qualification is BCOM, MBA. I could find my qualification Bachelors in commerce in (Qualifications Exempt from Assessment). I could also find My university name in the list. But my qualification is not mentioned against my university it is available against other universities. will i still be eligible from exemption for assessment?

Kindly help me with the query Bryan.

Originally Posted by bryan26
To those who want to apply a Silver Fern Visa with Question post here.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

nambivin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

I have a similar query, my qualification / university is not listed under Qualifications Exempt from Assessment . While checking in the NZQA site i saw there are two types of assessment that we can request for .
Apply to NZQA for an assessment, as follows:

1.submitting an Expression of Interest to Immigration New Zealand -> apply for a Pre-assessment Result.

2.applying for residence following receipt of an Invitation to Apply from Immigration New Zealand-> apply for an International Qualifications Assessment.

I am not sure for Silver Fern which assessment we should request.

Could someone provide some details on this .

Thanks & Regards
VN
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

abwaqar is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone willing to help here?

as for the ielts query, i think IELTS is a requirement. if u dont have it, u arent eligible for silver fern.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Maryam90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
I'm one of the last year's successful silver fern visa holder.
Just wanna help you guys by clarifying few things.

You don't need to worry about IELTS and Education assessment to apply for silver fern. You will just tick the option in the online application that you have the English language proofs and your qualification is of level 7 etc and go for the run no documents are required at the time of application submission.
The chances are low as thousands of applicants run for the quota. So its not wise to spend money and time doing IELTS and Qualification assessment beforehand. Once with your luck you will get a place in quota then u would have 4 months of time to do IELTS and NZQA assessment. But you should be confident that you will do IELTS or will provide English language proofs, also do check the criteria for NZQA levels and compare your qualification with that so you get a fair idea at which level you stand.

Best of luck (Y)
Old Apr 4th 2013, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by abwaqar
I know that silver fern is an extremely popular scheme and slots are filled within that day. How soon are we talking about? I guess what im asking is, what are my chances if i give payment details as soon as the quota opens.
It’s not the matter of days, nor the matter of hours.. It’s the game of minutes and seconds
Old Apr 4th 2013, 4:27 am
Just Joined

shayrock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maryam90
It’s not the matter of days, nor the matter of hours.. It’s the game of minutes and seconds
Agree
Old Apr 4th 2013, 5:36 am
Just Joined

Hi everyone,

You don't need to worry about IELTS and Education assessment to apply for silver fern. You will just tick the option in the online application that you have the English language proofs and your qualification is of level 7 etc and go for the run no documents are required at the time of application submission.
The chances are low as thousands of applicants run for the quota. So its not wise to spend money and time doing IELTS and Qualification assessment beforehand. Once with your luck you will get a place in quota then u would have 4 months of time to do IELTS and NZQA assessment. But you should be confident that you will do IELTS or will provide English language proofs, also do check the criteria for NZQA levels and compare your qualification with that so you get a fair idea at which level you stand.

Best of luck (Y)
Hello Maryam90,

On behalf of everyone I would like to thank you for helping us and guiding us

Well, I know that 300 seats goes very quickly within 5 to 10 mins, but say for instance, that I am successful getting a seat out off 300. Now its time for verification, and I have to show my English eligibility. If in case, I dont submit my IELTS score, but my Qualification (Post Graduate Diploma. Computing and Information Systems; Level 7) was from UK (University of Glamorgan) do you think its possible to submit my qualification. Seriously, I dont want to waste my time on IETLS if my qualification is equivalent to their requirements.

Secondly, neither my qualification nor my institute name is stated on the exempted list this year, so what do I have to do?

Thanks again,

Kunal

Last edited by kunal.libra; Apr 4th 2013 at 5:38 am.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

nambivin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Best of luck (Y)
Hi Maryam

Thanks a lot for your inputs . Much appreciated!!

I was worried about the timeframe to get the qualification assessed by NZQA. I read on the NZQA site that International Qualifications Assessment (IQA) will take 35 working days (Fast Track 20 days ) and Pre-assessment Result (PAR) will take 20 w.d. So will it be delayed by any chance once I am able to successfully make my application.

Assessment fees for IQA is NZ$746 and for PAR NZ$138. I understand that finally we will have to do IQA . But feels it's more costly.
To my bad luck, till last year my qualification (University and Graduate Degree) was in the list Qualifications Exempt from Assessment, but they removed it this year.

Is it mandatory that our qualifications need to be assessed as IQA for silver Fern Job search Visa ? Will they grant visa with PAR for our qualifications.

Thanks & Regards
VN
Old Apr 9th 2013, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kunal.libra
Well, I know that 300 seats goes very quickly within 5 to 10 mins, but say for instance, that I am successful getting a seat out off 300. Now its time for verification, and I have to show my English eligibility. If in case, I dont submit my IELTS score, but my Qualification (Post Graduate Diploma. Computing and Information Systems; Level 7) was from UK (University of Glamorgan) do you think its possible to submit my qualification. Seriously, I dont want to waste my time on IETLS if my qualification is equivalent to their requirements.

Secondly, neither my qualification nor my institute name is stated on the exempted list this year, so what do I have to do?

Kunal
First regarding IELTS: You need to provide English language proofs and for taht you have multiple options. In your case you don't need to do IELTS if you can get a letter from your institute mentioning that the medium of verbal and written communication was English. The letter will be enough if you can get that.
Secondly regarding qualification, Yes you would have to do IQA if this year its not in the exempt list.
Hope it answers your questions
Old Apr 9th 2013, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nambivin
I was worried about the timeframe to get the qualification assessed by NZQA. I read on the NZQA site that International Qualifications Assessment (IQA) will take 35 working days (Fast Track 20 days ) and Pre-assessment Result (PAR) will take 20 w.d. So will it be delayed by any chance once I am able to successfully make my application.

Assessment fees for IQA is NZ$746 and for PAR NZ$138. I understand that finally we will have to do IQA . But feels it's more costly.
To my bad luck, till last year my qualification (University and Graduate Degree) was in the list Qualifications Exempt from Assessment, but they removed it this year.

Is it mandatory that our qualifications need to be assessed as IQA for silver Fern Job search Visa ? Will they grant visa with PAR for our qualifications.

Thanks & Regards
VN
Yes it is mandatory if your qualification is not the exempt list than u have to do full IQA.
Regarding the time frame if u make your documents ready and sorted for IQA and prepare before hand after looking into the threads for IQA you will get lots of information on how to prepare a good IQA application, then once u will be selected you should send it ASAP and you will get it back within the tie frame. But in worst case if the time left will be short than the NZQA will ask you to pay for some extra fee for urgent assessment but you will have it on time to make your application so no need to worry about that just be prepared and put your best

Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.