Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Old May 11th 2012, 7:01 am
Just Joined

arslan123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Originally Posted by Checo
Hi Arslan123,
Congrats for getting in!! I am from Pakistan and I also made a successful application for SFV. I have confirmed from Dubai Branch and we are not required to send original passport rather than we are required to send attested copies (may be from notary public).
Thanks for reply. My email id is <snip>. Now I am planning for NZQA assessment. Hope we remain in touch.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat094; May 11th 2012 at 10:54 pm. Reason: Not wise to put your personal contact details on a public forum
Old May 11th 2012, 8:37 am
Just Joined

ennaibor_21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Originally Posted by sunny_vat
I am successful in applying for the visa and I have recived my confirmation email. Working now on the documentation.

BTW I am looking for a job in IT over there. Any ideas on the current IT market in NZ please share ..........
I'm an IT professional too..I'm a Network Engineer..I have read that there a lot of opportunities in IT in Wellington.
Old May 11th 2012, 9:51 am
Just Joined

yuva is an unknown quantity at this point

Language Requirement -Now I don`t have a valid IELTS ,But I have a letter from my university saying that the Medium of instruction as English is that Enough or I need to start again for IELTS .Can anyone provide info regarding this.
Old May 11th 2012, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

hmlamie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yuva
Language Requirement -Now I don`t have a valid IELTS ,But I have a letter from my university saying that the Medium of instruction as English is that Enough or I need to start again for IELTS .Can anyone provide info regarding this.
The best idea it to email this issue to the branch which takes care of your application, and definitely they will respond back.
Old May 11th 2012, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Checo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hmlamie
Great for you, for me i should have a qualification assessment as i hold a bachelor degree from Cairo University in Egypt.
For the passport, i thought that they want the passport to put the stamp inside it. but from your post it seems that they want it for checking only. correct me if i am wrong. additional to that why they want it as certified copy? why they don't accept the normal copy?
I guess they need a certified copy of the passport to verify the original candidate. They also need for allowing Karachi, Pakistan consulate to put visa sticker on the original copy of this passport. Moreover, normal copy can be fake but there are rare chances that a certified copy is fake and that's why they are asking to send a certified copy. Well, this is just my understanding.
Old May 11th 2012, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

I guess they need a certified copy of the passport to verify the original candidate. They also need for allowing Karachi, Pakistan consulate to put visa sticker on the original copy of this passport. Moreover, normal copy can be fake but there are rare chances that a certified copy is fake and that's why they are asking to send a certified copy. Well, this is just my understanding.
What i know that Dubai branch is responsible for putting the sticker in the passport, therefore they need the original passport.
Old May 11th 2012, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

Checo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hmlamie
What i know that Dubai branch is responsible for putting the sticker in the passport, therefore they need the original passport.
Yes, but in Pakistan it is illegal to send your passport outside the country. Therefore, I am suppose to send certified copies to Dubai Branch and will get the sticker from Karachi Consulate.
Old May 11th 2012, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

mozdok is an unknown quantity at this point

hi hmlamie,

i'm also accepted in the SFV year 2012 and i'm from Egypt, we ma exchange the emails or the phone number to help each others in preparing our paperwork.

Congrats for those how take the SFV places and good luck next time for those how didn't, best wishes for all of us guys.
Old May 11th 2012, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

any other people from Egypt got accepted !!
Old May 11th 2012, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

starfern is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to all who got the application successful! Any engineers around?
Old May 11th 2012, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Workvisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ennaibor_21
I'm an IT professional too..I'm a Network Engineer..I have read that there a lot of opportunities in IT in Wellington.
Hi ennaibor_21 ,

I'm also Network Engineer , Good to see you.
What are your plans?
Old May 11th 2012, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

yeaah , Software Engineer, from Egypt
Old May 11th 2012, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

soccer_guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Workvisa
Hi ennaibor_21 ,

I'm also Network Engineer , Good to see you.
What are your plans?
I am also from networks side but have pre-sales/SE experience and from Karachi how abt u? have u worked on the opportunities available tthere?

I also need a bit guidance regarding NQZA that if we need to log separate applications for masters and bachelors degrees for example masters of engineering in mechanical and bachelors of engineering in mechanical, will we need to have two separate applications logged in this case and pay NZ$ 748 twice in this case?

secondly do we need to send HSC/intermediate and SSC/matriculate documents as well?
Old May 12th 2012, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Yes, but in Pakistan it is illegal to send your passport outside the country. Therefore, I am suppose to send certified copies to Dubai Branch and will get the sticker from Karachi Consulate.
Okay, I see now. did you confirm with them this piece of information?
Old May 12th 2012, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mozdok
hi hmlamie,

i'm also accepted in the SFV year 2012 and i'm from Egypt, we ma exchange the emails or the phone number to help each others in preparing our paperwork.

Congrats for those how take the SFV places and good luck next time for those how didn't, best wishes for all of us guys.
Hi man,

Congratulation to you. I've sent you my contacts through a private message. Hopefully everything will work properly. I think the first step you should do is to send you qualifications to NZQA for assessment. By the way which university you graduated from?

Second one, is to obtain IELTS score by 6.5 as they mentioned in the email. 6.5 is overall not in each band. you can book it from the British council in Al Agouza district

Third: You should obtain a police certificate and this takes just one day by the new system the egyptian police currently use

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.