Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Old May 10th 2012, 10:48 am
Just Joined

sunny_vat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

I am successful in applying for the visa and I have recived my confirmation email. Working now on the documentation.

BTW I am looking for a job in IT over there. Any ideas on the current IT market in NZ please share ..........
Old May 10th 2012, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Ajibodu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Originally Posted by sunny_vat
I am successful in applying for the visa and I have recived my confirmation email. Working now on the documentation.

BTW I am looking for a job in IT over there. Any ideas on the current IT market in NZ please share ..........
Which day do you received there e-mail ?
Old May 10th 2012, 10:57 am
Just Joined

sunny_vat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ajibodu
Which day do you received there e-mail ?
I received the email with in 20 min after making the payment. I double checked with the immigration and they replied that my application is accepted.
Old May 10th 2012, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

hmlamie is an unknown quantity at this point

Me as well, I am an IT guy and i want to know the vacancies over New Zealand. by the way, do you send your qualification for assessment?
Old May 10th 2012, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

I received the email with in 20 min after making the payment. I double checked with the immigration and they replied that my application is accepted.
What is your receipt number if you remember?
Old May 10th 2012, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

dxBBoi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I was successful in securing a place for SFV 2012. I had a question.

Once we secure a job in nz and go on to get a practical experience visa for 2 yrs. what happens after that...does these 2 yrs count towards gaining permanent residency in NZ and would this count eventually towards citizenship????

Or is it that Silver fern applications are just working towards a residence and this experience gained does not counted until your on a Skilled Migrant Visa..

Hope the above is clear..would appreciate your inputs guys..its very imp to be clear bout what the future holds once we all go there...

Cheers, and congratulations once again to all the successful applicants..it truely was LUCK and Destiny I reckon..:-)

Good Luck!
dxBBoi <><
Old May 10th 2012, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

Checo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Originally Posted by arslan123
Congratulation to all successful candidates , I want to know Is their any successfull candidate from Pakistan. Because in Pakistan we cant send passport oversea through courier its against law.
Hi Arslan123,
Congrats for getting in!! I am from Pakistan and I also made a successful application for SFV. I have confirmed from Dubai Branch and we are not required to send original passport rather than we are required to send attested copies (may be from notary public).
Old May 10th 2012, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Checo
Hi Arslan123,
Congrats for getting in!! I am from Pakistan and I also made a successful application for SFV. I have confirmed from Dubai Branch and we are not required to send original passport rather than we are required to send attested copies (may be from notary public).
Hi Chico, How did you confirm with Dubai branch? i've tried to call them many times but they are not answering instead they put an answer machine, i live in Dubai already, i was thinking to visit them directly in order to confirm with them.
Another question please, Did you send your qualifications for assessment in NZQA?
Old May 10th 2012, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

snomad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dxBBoi
Hi guys,

I was successful in securing a place for SFV 2012. I had a question.

Once we secure a job in nz and go on to get a practical experience visa for 2 yrs. what happens after that...does these 2 yrs count towards gaining permanent residency in NZ and would this count eventually towards citizenship????

Or is it that Silver fern applications are just working towards a residence and this experience gained does not counted until your on a Skilled Migrant Visa..

Hope the above is clear..would appreciate your inputs guys..its very imp to be clear bout what the future holds once we all go there...

Cheers, and congratulations once again to all the successful applicants..it truely was LUCK and Destiny I reckon..:-)

Good Luck!
dxBBoi <><
All time spent from first day in NZ counts towards the 3 years needed for a perminant resident return visa. A further 2 years is required for citizenship. 5 years in total with no gaps of over 180 days.
Old May 10th 2012, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

dxBBoi is an unknown quantity at this point

Even the silver fern job search visa for 9 months also counts ???
Thanks for your reply mate!!

<><
Old May 10th 2012, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Checo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hmlamie
Hi Chico, How did you confirm with Dubai branch? i've tried to call them many times but they are not answering instead they put an answer machine, i live in Dubai already, i was thinking to visit them directly in order to confirm with them.
Another question please, Did you send your qualifications for assessment in NZQA?
Regarding Passport, I have confirmed it via sending an E-mail to Dubai branch and they told me that "Certified copy is fine".

Secondly, I do not require assessment from NZQA because my Bachelor degree was from Pakistan but Masters was from European country which does not require any kind of assessment from NZQA
Old May 10th 2012, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Checo
Regarding Passport, I have confirmed it via sending an E-mail to Dubai branch and they told me that "Certified copy is fine".

Secondly, I do not require assessment from NZQA because my Bachelor degree was from Pakistan but Masters was from European country which does not require any kind of assessment from NZQA
Great for you, for me i should have a qualification assessment as i hold a bachelor degree from Cairo University in Egypt.
For the passport, i thought that they want the passport to put the stamp inside it. but from your post it seems that they want it for checking only. correct me if i am wrong. additional to that why they want it as certified copy? why they don't accept the normal copy?
Old May 11th 2012, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

aiki is an unknown quantity at this point

My documents and certificates are not in English language.
Anyone know whether I need to get it translated by NZ chartered translator or I can just choose local country chartered translator?
Old May 11th 2012, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aiki
Anyone know whether I need to get it translated by NZ chartered translator or I can just choose local country chartered translator?
I think it is better to choose a well known translator in your country, and translate your documents there. but you should hurry to meet the deadline
Old May 11th 2012, 6:34 am
ajd
Forum Regular

ajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really niceajd is just really nice

Originally Posted by aiki
a local certified translator will suffice and then have the translated documents attested by the notary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.