Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Old May 8th 2012, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

shankee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Hi Everyone
I have submitted the Silver fern Application through the Immigration site... but after submission in few minutes i got an email to send documents to specific branch but i haven't get any error emails.... and also after the two days on Monday 7th got a another email from the branch . shown in earlier email

like this
----------------------------------
Thank you for your Work visa application. Your application was received by us on 4-May-12.
Your application number is 1111111
Your client number is 11111111

Once allocation is made, a Immigration Officer will contact you if they need further information. Until the officer has completed the initial processing, we will be unable to give you any further information regarding your application.

Please refer our website for expected processing timeframes
--------
I'm little confuse ... that i got a space n 2012 or not ?????

Will someone please help me ?
Old May 8th 2012, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

aiki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Silver Fern Visa 2012 - successful applications only discussion thread

Isn't it a good news ?
Which branch are you with?
Old May 8th 2012, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Thailand ..... so do u think that i have got space in Silver fern visa ? ? ? i think to send my documents
Old May 8th 2012, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Well, I don't receive any email from the branch. But seems the email you obtained is OK. What are you worrying about?
Old May 8th 2012, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

thanks aiki ... i got confuse about this .... my application status is "Application received" so may i know your application status ?
Old May 8th 2012, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

tapan_shah21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sagar,

I am from Ahmedabd India.
I applied successfully for my wife.
I have already dropped u my email adderess.

Last edited by Pollyana; May 12th 2012 at 3:31 am. Reason: Please don't post email addresses on the public forum
Old May 8th 2012, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Mine is "Application Received" as well.
How far are you with your documents preparation?
I am just starting it ...
Old May 8th 2012, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

jundan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snomad
Can't actually believe people are using WHV as a back up to silver fern or not applying for it in the first instance. The WHV is much easier to get and offers an extra 3 months to find a sponsor 14 if you extend it. You still have to find a sponsor on the silver fern visa. You just have no 6 Month restriction with any one employer. Even still you only get 9 months.

They don't have to give a job to a kiwi they just have to be able to show that they have searched in a the local market to fill your job. That can be the advert they placed when you applied for it. So long as you are the best suited to the job then it's fine. This is why you should make sure what the award rates are for your position to determine if you are being hired for cheap "temporary" foreign labour or because they really want you for your skills.

Judging by some of the post may 4th comments on this board it's dissapointing to know that people were applying for this visa when there were other visas available to them. For some this is their only shot and it only goes to highlight the inefficiency of the silver fern application process. if everyone submitted an application which was then checked for validity first before going into a lottery I dare say a lot more of the visas would go to the people that actually need them
The most. And for those that qualify for WHV simply transfer onto that scheme (it is essentially the same process after either application!)

Anyway good luck to those that got in.
Unfortunately for some of us who wish to move to NZ and also pursue a successful career and get that underway as soon as possible, the chances of getting a decent job in our chosen profession is quite unlikely due to the competition in that particular profession and the fact that employers are unlikely to go through the inconveience of labour market testing when they can simply employ an appropriately skilled kiwi - silver fern gets around this problem so is the perfect choice and therefore a perfectly valid reason to use it as the first choice option. Not all of us have all the time in the world to 'try it out' on a WHV and hope for the best and need to optimise our chances of success from the word go. Also for some of us who are really serious about making a go of it and continuing to develop a career and a life in NZ, it is important to be able to be considered for the full range of positions without question. Don't suppose you considered the fact that such people will have done relevant research into their chosen profession and made a decision to apply for the silver fern based on advice from recruiters etc. It's a shame that some people don't consider how their comments might cause offence when making assumptions about others personal circumstances
Old May 8th 2012, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

wm_try_it is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shankee
Hi Everyone
I have submitted the Silver fern Application through the Immigration site... but after submission in few minutes i got an email to send documents to specific branch but i haven't get any error emails.... and also after the two days on Monday 7th got a another email from the branch . shown in earlier email

like this
----------------------------------
Thank you for your Work visa application. Your application was received by us on 4-May-12.
Your application number is 1111111
Your client number is 11111111

Once allocation is made, a Immigration Officer will contact you if they need further information. Until the officer has completed the initial processing, we will be unable to give you any further information regarding your application.

Please refer our website for expected processing timeframes
--------
I'm little confuse ... that i got a space n 2012 or not ?????

Will someone please help me ?
I received the same email like yours, and my status is also "Application Received". I think it is the good news and let's go on preparing the required documents.
Old May 8th 2012, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

snomad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jundan
Unfortunately for some of us who wish to move to NZ and also pursue a successful career and get that underway as soon as possible, the chances of getting a decent job in our chosen profession is quite unlikely due to the competition in that particular profession and the fact that employers are unlikely to go through the inconveience of labour market testing when they can simply employ an appropriately skilled kiwi - silver fern gets around this problem so is the perfect choice and therefore a perfectly valid reason to use it as the first choice option. Not all of us have all the time in the world to 'try it out' on a WHV and hope for the best and need to optimise our chances of success from the word go. Also for some of us who are really serious about making a go of it and continuing to develop a career and a life in NZ, it is important to be able to be considered for the full range of positions without question. Don't suppose you considered the fact that such people will have done relevant research into their chosen profession and made a decision to apply for the silver fern based on advice from recruiters etc. It's a shame that some people don't consider how their comments might cause offence when making assumptions about others personal circumstances
NZ WHV 2007
Oz WHV 2009 onto oz 457 2010.

Brother and Sister in law (British) NZ citizens through skilled migration. Don't take my word for It listen to the recruiters. they're well known for their honesty.

People have blatantly not researched it check elsewhere in the thread. You may have and it's dissapointing that you are 'angry face' but it obviously wasn't directed at you. I clearly said "using it as a first chioce" which means they are prepared to accept going over on a working holiday visa if unsuccesful, which again, by your response doesnt apply to you. I clearly said this shows the inefficiency of the silver fern visa system in placing visas with people, like yourself who have the best chance of successfully settling in NZ and making a contribution. I only hope that remains the case when you get residency and dont just move to OZ for the money, I only say that because you mention your career a fair bit. But You've every right to be offended but unfortunately it doesnt mean you're right.

As I said before and on almost every other post, good luck to all those who were successful. Happy Face!!
Old May 8th 2012, 11:00 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by snomad
They don't have to give a job to a kiwi they just have to be able to show that they have searched in a the local market to fill your job. That can be the advert they placed when you applied for it. So long as you are the best suited to the job then it's fine.
Not strictly true. More than sight of an advert will be required . It will be how long that advert has been placed. What other applicants have applied and why they were deemed unsuitable. + a labour market test is applied and also evidence of ability to train or training records.

Originally Posted by NZIS
Labour market test
We conduct labour market tests to determine whether suitably qualified New Zealand workers are available, or could be easily trained to do the work and should be offered the employment rather than an overseas temporary worker.

We may do this to consider an employer’s request to:
  • employ one particular person
    or
  • gain approval in principle to employ workers from overseas.
Our test involves seeking advice from industry representatives and the appropriate New Zealand government agencies to determine current skill shortages. In weighing up the employer’s case, we’ll also seek evidence of their genuine attempt to find New Zealand workers, such as advertising and the use of a recruiting company.
Old May 8th 2012, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wm_try_it
I received the same email like yours, and my status is also "Application Received". I think it is the good news and let's go on preparing the required documents.
wm_try, which branch are you with?
I am wondering if some branches send that kind of email and some not.
I don't receive that kind of email from branch.
Old May 9th 2012, 1:08 am
Just Joined

wm_try_it is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, possibly it depends on branches. Mine is Bangkok branch.
Old May 9th 2012, 6:26 am
Just Joined

shayrock is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I also received the email from Bangkok branch. Started to work on preparing documents.
Old May 9th 2012, 6:31 am
Just Joined

snomad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Not strictly true. More than sight of an advert will be required . It will be how long that advert has been placed. What other applicants have applied and why they were deemed unsuitable. + a labour market test is applied and also evidence of ability to train or training records.
True. I over simplified it. I can't see that putting off serious employers who have genuine skills shortages though. And a lot of companies already have approved sponsor status. It's really not that much of a head ache for them especially if they use a migration agent.

The main point of the Silver fern visa according to Immigration NZ is to bring skilled and educated young people over to NZ.

It is funny that the process of deciding who comes is instead predetermined by a first come first served Electronic feeding frenzy, taking part in which, requires no
Prior evidence of neither skill or education.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.